3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

I'm not sure if this is an issue on my end but my SpacePilot is acting very strange in 3DC lately. The movement is very jittery, almost as if the "dominant" button was pressed, but it acts the same way when i press the button again. Anyone else with a 3D mouse notice this?

• Contributor

If i run Autopo on an object, 3d coat creates a new folder on my harddrive C:\

post-24378-0-83112800-1436539334_thumb.j

It is called !!!!!! and it contains several files for the calculation.

Would be nice if 3d coat dont put this crap directly on my harddrive.

Please put it in MyDocuments or in the install folder.

Thanks.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifAutopoBug.jpg

Thanks.

Yes. I have ssen this already too. Andrew, please use another way for this. Important is to remove the files after a process.

• Advanced Member

attachicon.gifAutopoBug.jpg

Thanks.

I have noticed this too. I think 3DC has to use windows Temp or TMP folder instead.

Edited by Vipera

I want to bump up the question with the difference of shadows in DX vs GL versions in render room, realtime render. digman had the same problem in Linux version early. 

I upload this gun model so you can test it.

Thanks! This time reproduced and fixed.

And all c:\!!!!!... files will not be created in next build.

Crash in Layers panel fixed as well

• Like 3

• Reputable Contributor

Plane tool appears broken in the Windows 64 bit non-cuda 4.5.05A... 

We used to have a grid that showed your cutting plane position when using the points... Also the points appeared on the surface so you could move them and then the grid would reposition in realtime. This appears broken now in the lastest beta... No grid and no points on the surface.

Edited by digman

Just installed 4.5.0.6 and I got this strange "DAAB" Windows in the Paint Room. Don't know if they were there before (didn't used Paint Room much past time). Tried it in all versions. What is this? Anybody else have this?post-39123-0-20244700-1437060593_thumb.p

Edit: Reset Window to default made them go away...

Edited by red2blue

• Reputable Contributor

Plane tool appears broken in the Windows 64 bit non-cuda 4.5.05A... 

We used to have a grid that showed your cutting plane position when using the points... Also the points appeared on the surface so you could move them and then the grid would reposition in realtime. This appears broken now in the lastest beta... No grid and no points on the surface.

Andrew can we please get this fixed? We also need some interactive way to move the plane position forward and backward. It's pretty cumbersome and tedious having to leave the model and go over to the Tool Options panel to enter numeric values...which new users will have no clue as to how much they need to enter. By allowing hotkeys to nudge it forward or backward while your cursor or plane is over the model, it removes the guesswork and trial and error.

I think projection painting is broken in 4.5.06 (probably due projection leaking bug I was writing about some time ago).

Here's a video: first 30 sec are from 4.5.03 and last are from 4.5.06

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/415738/4506.mp4

And here's a screenshot: in 4.5.06 I have tears along edges and weird pattern-like color on top:

3D-COAT%204.5.06%28GL64%29%202015-07-18%

- Very fast OpenCL based AO calculation routine!

- Fixed problem with projection painting.

- voxels->plane tool got forward/back buttons with + - hotkeys for ease of plane positioning.

- fixed several small issues of new measure tool (undo of manually edit coordinates, doubleclick to finish chunk, auto erase empty chunks)

- fixed click to place issue for sphere primitive.

• Like 2

4.5.0.7 cannot start because "OpenCL.dll is missing" - Reinstalled 0.6 and it still works fine

Maybe I should mention I'm on Windows 10 final release. I've not had any previous problems with 3D-Coat in the the past months with Windows 10 though.

Downloaded 4.5.0.7 a second time and reinstalled, same issue of missing "OpenCL.dll" - went back to 4.5.0.6 and everything works fine?

Edited by unity2k

4.5.0.7 cannot start because "OpenCL.dll is missing" - Reinstalled 0.6 and it still works fine

Maybe I should mention I'm on Windows 10 final release. I've not had any previous problems with 3D-Coat in the the past months with Windows 10 though.

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

I'm using the Nvidia GTX 970 with up to date drivers. I installed the .dll's you placed in the Google Drive and now I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I also tried all 4 versions of 3D-Coat DX/GL etc.

Tomorrow I'll try the new build on a Windows 8.1 machine and probably confirm that it's working fine there. For what it's worth my copy of Windows 10 is build 10240 - the Release To Manufacturing copy.

Edited by unity2k

I'm using the Nvidia GTX 970 with up to date drivers. I installed the .dll's you placed in the Google Drive and now I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I also tried all 4 versions of 3D-Coat DX/GL etc.

Delete DLL form install folder.

Now check folder

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL\"

Are there DLL-s?

If you have up-to-date drivers it should be there.