3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

Delete DLL form install folder.

Now check folder

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL\"

Are there DLL-s?

If you have up-to-date drivers it should be there.

The .dll's were there, but twice the size of the one's you uploaded to Google Drive so I moved those and replaced them with your smaller .dll's and tried to run 3D-Coat again, same error of missing OpenCL.dll.

Tried going to 1080p resolution thinking maybe my 4K display had something to do with it, no help.

Edited by unity2k

• Contributor

Strange. Maybe it's some driver issue? I'm currently running on 344.48, and OpenCL AO calculations are OK. I'm trying to stay away from newer NVidia drivers as all they bring is trouble.

post-12523-0-41498300-1437342764_thumb.j

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Can you try reverting to driver version that I posted? If it doesn't help, at least we could eliminate the problem with drivers, and you can always return to 353.30.

Edited by ajz3d

In my continuing attempts to resolve the OpenCL.dll issue I've completely removed everything of 3D-Coat. Reinstalled. Tried the two version of OpenCl.DLL from NVidia and what Andrew uploaded by placing them in NVidia's directory and directly in 3D-Coat's.

Again, version 4.5.0.6 works fine, 4.5.0.7 throws the error finding the .dll.

• Reputable Contributor

Can you try reverting to driver version that I posted? If it doesn't help, at least we could eliminate the problem with drivers, and you can always return to 353.30.

Problems is, I just re-installed 353. again and it moved all my icons around, It takes me about 10min to re-arrange them like I want, and having to bounce around between different drives is just too much hassle. It should work with NVidia's latest drivers...period

Strange. Maybe it's some driver issue? I'm currently running on 344.48, and OpenCL AO calculations are OK. I'm trying to stay away from newer NVidia drivers as all they bring is trouble.

attachicon.gifOpenCL_AO_robot.jpg

@Ajz3d I considered your recommendation to this other user regarding the drivers and I resolved my issue with not finding the OpenCL.dll driver.

@Andrew, reverting to NVidia driver version 352.84 my issue in not being able to run 4.5.0.7 due to the OpenCL.dll driver has been fixed.

• Contributor

Problems is, I just re-installed 353. again and it moved all my icons around, It takes me about 10min to re-arrange them like I want, and having to bounce around between different drives is just too much hassle. It should work with NVidia's latest drivers...period

I understand. The problem is, that NVidia GeForce drivers are mostly updated for certain AAA game titles - to squeeze more frames out of them or to fix some bugs. And because the drivers are complex, it often results in bugs in other areas.

A short story. Several months ago I had a problem with one GPU accelerated COP node in Houdini. SESI support suggested to update to the newest drivers (350.12 at the time). I did it, but it broke Houdini's viewport making it impossible to work with it any more. I should have reverted back to my old 340.52 drivers that worked with all 3D programs without any issues, but somehow I ended up with 344.48 (I think I thought that they'll be faster), which of course introduced some other problems with the OpenGL viewport (not that severe as those caused by 350.12). Anyway I'm planning to go back to 340.52 and stick with them as long as possible. They're probably the most trouble free drivers available for us.

P.S. http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-what-are-your-opinions-on-dx12vulkanmantle/#entry5215019

Edited by ajz3d

• Reputable Contributor

I understand. The problem is, that NVidia GeForce drivers are mostly updated for certain AAA game titles - to squeeze more frames out of them or to fix some bugs. And because the drivers are complex, it often results in bugs in other areas.

A short story. Several months ago I had a problem with one GPU accelerated COP node in Houdini. SESI support suggested to update to the newest drivers (350.12 at the time). I did it, but it broke Houdini's viewport making it impossible to work with it any more. I should have reverted back to my old 340.52 drivers that worked with all 3D programs without any issues, but somehow I ended up with 344.48 (I think I thought that they'll be faster), which of course introduced some other problems with the OpenGL viewport (not that severe as those caused by 350.12). Anyway I'm planning to go back to 340.52 and stick with them as long as possible. They're probably the most trouble free drivers available for us.

P.S. http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-what-are-your-opinions-on-dx12vulkanmantle/#entry5215019

I tried everything I could think of. deleting all the config files in the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.5 directory. Same problem. Clean install of the newest NVidia driver. Then the one you were using. It's been a waste of about an hour, chasing down a solution

Works alright for me. I'm on an older version of the nvidia drivers. Version 340.52.

When the new raytraced AO baker is implemented, could we please leave the old/current Light array method in there as an option? That would be cool.

• Contributor

I tried everything I could think of. deleting all the config files in the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.5 directory. Same problem. Clean install of the newest NVidia driver. Then the one you were using. It's been a waste of about an hour, chasing down a solution

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. :(

• Contributor

Is there any chance that this version has a memory leak or something similar?

Whatever i try to open that used the new AO is eating the memory rapidly and 3d coat hangs up along with my workstation. 

Edited by Michaelgdrs

If I try to do a AO calculation with the new version and OpenCL, I get the following error. This window then pops up 3-4 times and after that 3d-coat crashes. The CPU calculation works fine.

post-39123-0-47434300-1437387333_thumb.p

Edited by red2blue

Some first statements of mine after new AO routine tests with the default voxel character. I have autopologized him. Later I have reorganized the uvs manually.

The first results of version 4.5.07:

- AO Calculation much faster (very good).

- Quality "unfortunately" the same like before. No improvements here. Gaps are calculated bright, why? (See screenshot)

- Normalmap recalculation artefacts after UV adjustments.

It depends on the models you use, but the quality could be a bit better. Overall it is a good improvement. The calculation speed is worth to take a look at 3D-Coats AO routine yet.

post-955-0-08695500-1437387490_thumb.jpg

When I try to start 3D Coat the new beta (4.5.07) I get a message that the program can't be launched because OpenCL.dll file is missing.

4.5.06 launches without problems. Windows 10 64Bit.

- current graca drivers?

- 3D-Coat uninstalled and reinstalled?

When I try to start 3D Coat the new beta (4.5.07) I get a message that the program can't be launched because OpenCL.dll file is missing.

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

Back off of the latest NVidia drivers, I had the same problem. Go back one version. I too am on Windows 10.

@Andrew At work I first tried the older NVidia drivers but they crash hard on this Windows 10 install. So I had to go with the new drivers, funny thing is that 4.5.0.7 is working fine with the new drivers and Windows 10. What is different is that here at work I'm using a GTX 780Ti and and home I'm using the GTX 970.

Edited by unity2k