3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Contributor

I'll try to stay away from the latter although I like the tool very much because it's basically a Swiss army knife. It contains almost all LiveClay tools which allows for creation of very interesting brushes.

Not really because the Liveclay brushes underwent massive refinements of behavior and brush feeling while General Clay did not benefit those improvements. So CreaseClay is literally lightyears ahead of generalclay+ Creasing and same for Flattenclay its been refined by Andrew many,many times and general Clay+Flattening is nowhere near....

Creating yourself a nice set of presets and assigning hotkeys to them really gives an almost swiss army knife feeling if you want.

Any ideas on why there is only one type of noise available in the Nose tool while most LiveClay tools have 8 different noise patterns?

Yeah,noise tool is just Perlin based....Voronoi would be great,especially with curve control.

Those are really 2 complementary kind of noises ...and by having both pretty much any effects can be achieved.

I already asked for this when tool was introduced as Im pretty sure Andrew can code some Voronoi noise functions in like 30 seconds.....So who knows,maybe it'll be introduced someday. :)

• Reputable Contributor

- UDIM export tiles order corrected, now it corresponds to original placement of tiles.

- Sketch tool got more precise painting - shape size exactly corresponds to pen size and lasso painting, no more inward extrusion.

- Click to pick restored in transform tool

- To main axis/to center mass in pose tool

- Updated description in Sketch tool, fixed little problems there.

- Included all OpenCL changes

I am deeply in refactoring process, trying to be very safe, testing all changes carefully, but need your tests.

I really want to make stable build because 4.5.03 has serious retopo snapping problems.

Great update, Andrew. Thanks  :good: Do splines/shape draw modes work with VoxExtrude/Layer, now? It has been broken recently, and I didn't see anything about it in the release notes

• Contributor

Great update, Andrew. Thanks  :good: Do splines/shape draw modes work with VoxExtrude/Layer, now? It has been broken recently, and I didn't see anything about it in the release notes

both spline and 3D spline are working in both voxlayer and extrude tool on my side....what is the broken effect?

is selection weird or not happening?

• Reputable Contributor

both spline and 3D spline are working in both voxlayer and extrude tool on my side....what is the broken effect?

is selection weird or not happening?

It wasn't applying the selection, in previous builds. I showed this to Andrew, so maybe it got fixed and wasn't mentioned in the build notes. I'll have to download and check.

• Contributor

It wasn't applying the selection, in previous builds. I showed this to Andrew, so maybe it got fixed and wasn't mentioned in the build notes. I'll have to download and check.

selection is applied on my side with doubleclick or with Enter key...even in previous build. Strange how we all have different issues ...

• Reputable Contributor

selection is applied on my side with doubleclick or with Enter key...even in previous build. Strange how we all have different issues ...

Ah-Ha! I found the culprit. In the E-Panel, Depth Limit was checked, somehow...and for whatever reason, the splines and shape draw modes won't work if that is selected. Not sure if that would be considered a bug or just something that should be mentioned in a tool tip to avoid.

• Contributor

When brush spacing (Use Spacing) is turned off, why does LiveClay brushes act as if it was on? I don't see this problem with standard surface brushes.

Is it how it is supposed to work, and if so - then why?

post-12523-0-76970500-1439064680_thumb.j

• Contributor

On splines 3d models nothing is working.

Splines -> chains -> wire and i need to to follow a curve as ussual.

Can someone name a build that this feature works please?

• Contributor

When brush spacing (Use Spacing) is turned off, why does LiveClay brushes act as if it was on? I don't see this problem with standard surface brushes.

Is it how it is supposed to work, and if so - then why?

attachicon.gifLC_useSpacing.jpg

I wondered the same thing a long time ago and did some comparison in Zbrush to discover that its exactly the same.

Here is DamStandard (CreaseClay equivalent) without lazystep spacing(left) and with very low lazystep spacing (right)

post-1195-0-71533600-1439101057_thumb.jp

As zbrush is always considered  the ultimate reference when it comes to sculpting I never went further with this point...assuming it is probably normal.Altough in 3DC its much more apparent....to such an extent that using CreaseClay without low spacing values is not even considered an option.

Actually most of my Liveclay presets use very,very small spacing values...

Im like you on this ,I dont know if its an issue or not....

Also you wil notice that those dots manifest mostly when small/sharp alphas are used,if broader alphas are used you can desactivate spacing and still get nice,even strokes...

• Like 1

• Contributor

I wondered the same thing a long time ago and did some comparison in Zbrush to discover that its exactly the same.

Here is DamStandard (CreaseClay equivalent) without lazystep spacing(left) and with very low lazystep spacing (right)

attachicon.gifdots.jpg

As zbrush is always considered  the ultimate reference when it comes to sculpting I never went further with this point...assuming it is probably normal.Altough in 3DC its much more apparent....to such an extent that using CreaseClay without low spacing values is not even considered an option.

Actually most of my Liveclay presets use very,very small spacing values...

Im like you on this ,I dont know if its an issue or not....

Also you wil notice that those dots manifest mostly when small/sharp alphas are used,if broader alphas are used you can desactivate spacing and still get nice,even strokes...

Thanks for clarifying this, Artman. I began thinking that something might be wrong with my 3DC installation.

I'm not sure if mimicking this particular ZBrush feature benefits 3DC. It feels illogical to me, because when I turn off brush spacing, I expect a continous stroke.

• Reputable Contributor

On splines 3d models nothing is working.

Splines -> chains -> wire and i need to to follow a curve as ussual.

Can someone name a build that this feature works please?

Are you talking about the CURVES tool. Splines pallet is what works with it, not the Models pallet. It's best to layout your Curve and then click on the object in the Splines pallet. Otherwise, choosing the spline object early can slow things down a bit...depending on the poly count of the object being replicated.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Thanks for clarifying this, Artman. I began thinking that something might be wrong with my 3DC installation.

I'm not sure if mimicking this particular ZBrush feature benefits 3DC. It feels illogical to me, because when I turn off brush spacing, I expect a continous stroke.

well there is always gonna be some sort of default spacing because brush strokes use images alphas and those have to be somehow repeated along the stroke otherwise the stroke would never have anything to do with the alpha used....it would be just a generic stroke controlled by falloff...

The dots you see comes from the fact that the alphas used are too small.....there is too much black space versus grey/white space on the image.

If you use broader alphas you will  notice no dots even if spacing is off...

Here, no spacing using the first 2 default alphas:

post-1195-0-42890500-1439122380_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• Contributor

Are you talking about the CURVES tool. Splines pallet is what works with it, not the Models pallet. It's best to layout your Curve and then click on the object in the Splines pallet. Otherwise, choosing the spline object early can slow things down a bit...depending on the poly count of the object being replicated.

Greetings Ranger , yes  i am talking about the Curves tool that works with splines , I am downloading a fix by Andrew and will try it right now.

- curves models profiles restored