3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks Digman,

I never use any program in non maximized state but I gave it a try. On my end this doesn't get drag and drop to work either.

Either do I... I did it as a test... Yes it needs fixing by the development team which I'm sure it will be...

• Reputable Contributor

The mirror uv island problem has been brought up by a couple of users recently. When painting you get artifacts on the edges of the uv islands. Now if you turn symmetry on along the correct axis, then there is no problem...

Is turning symmetry on Andrew's way of avoiding any artifacts when painting mirrored uvs or is this a bug? It has been awhile since I used mirrored uvs. I used them before when I was working on game for a few months and do not remember having problems back then without symmetry being enabled.

I uploaded a simple 3DC file for anyone who cares to test... Use Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V to paste one island to the other, bake for PPP without a normal map...(no baking) test away... Symmetry is 100% correct in the retopo room.

3DC version beta 4.5.22 Windows 64 bit non-cuda. 

EDIT: Ah, I see there is a bug report as well at Mantis.

seam artifacts.zip

Edited by digman

• Contributor

Something is going on with the smart materials folders.

I created several folders to brake up a huge folder and get them categorized.

Now , the folder that were shipped with 3d coat , fabrics for example show my custom materials in there and nothing from the shipped ones.

• Advanced Member

Michaelgdrs, I had simiar problem. I had old Smart Materials in folder 'OldMat'. I moved skin smart material from 'OldMat' folder to newly created 'Skin' folder. Now there are two duplicates of skin materials: one in 'Skin' folder - as expected, but second copy is in 'Wood' folder - and all default wood materials are gone! 

So while moving SmartMaterial from old folder to 'skin' folder, 3dc erased wood materiasl ! and put copies of skin materials into it! Not good. I better backup my material library.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Each time i try to move a material from one folder to another this happens.

Thank you Jose for reporting this as this is a serious one that can cause issues on a commercial project.

• Contributor

4.5.23 [beta]

- fixed problem of non-boolean fail over non intersecting objects.

- Non-boolean merge all/merge subtree

Many many thanks for the bugfix and the feature. I was about to script in the non-boolean merge all/subtree, but that bug was preventing me from doing it. :)

• Reputable Contributor

4.5.23 [beta]

- fixed problem of non-boolean fail over non intersecting objects.

- Non-boolean merge all/merge subtree

- Corrected drag&drop to pbr editor

- fixed problem of color picker/swatches dialog

- fixed picking in ppp mode

The download for Windows beta 4.5.23 64 bit still reads as 4.5.22. Is 4.5.22 really now 4.5.23 and the number was forgot to be changed?

• Reputable Contributor

Try downloading the beta from Google Drive please

Doing it now and I am sure Andrew will fix the regular links soon once he reads my post or you inform him of the problem...  :)

Till then it is Google Drive for downloading Beta version 4.5.23...

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

Painting with 'Single Polygon' selected in the Stroke mode panel seems broken in this latest build - Windows [4.5.23]

Instead of painting fully the whole polygon it seems to make you to paint within the highlighted poly with a feathered alpha.  Is this by design?  Also it seems very familiar, legacy bug from the distant past.

Map drag and drop to the Material Editor still doesn't work here (Win7 64). Behavior seems unchanged since 4.5.22.

It should work when you drag from explorer. It does not work if you open an app with admin mode and drag it from there. This issue seem to appear up from win8.

• Reputable Contributor

Definitely doen't work when dragging from the Explorer either. Windows 10 64Bit.

Confirmed. In maximized mode, the same problem exists in Windows 7 non cuda 64 bit  4.5.23 as in 4.5.22

Un-mazimized 3DC and you can drag a file from your desktop to the editor but not from windows explorer in this case as well. In both cases using Windows Explorer does not work as we need it to... Windows Explorer, I think would be the main application most of us use to drag and drop.

Edited by digman

Confirmed. In maximized mode, the same problem exists in Windows 7 non cuda 64 bit  4.5.23 as in 4.5.22

Un-mazimized 3DC and you can drag a file from your desktop to the editor but not from windows explorer in this case as well. In both cases using Windows Explorer does not work as we need it to... Windows Explorer, I think would be the main application most of us use to drag and drop.

Okay I'm glad to see it's not just me!

I can't explain the joy I felt when I got the Mantis notice in email that the drag & drop was implemented for the texture editor!  Then I tried .22 and it didn't work (from Adobe Bridge, or explorer), when I was about to write, I saw .23 was released with a fix.

Here I am today dropping from just Windows Explorer (Windows 8.1 Enterprise here at work, I have Win 10 Pro at home - x64 for both cases).

I never run 3DC maximized since I like to see the icons on the left of my desktop.

My main use case would be dropping from Adobe Bridge (ACDSee, or say Lightroom), but I was just testing with Explorer today, still no joy.

It lets me "drop" everywhere (the icon changes when over the editor) but upon dropping nothing happens.

It will be great when this works properly though!

-Will

Edited by WillBellJr

Map drag and drop to the Material Editor still doesn't work here (Win7 64). Behavior seems unchanged since 4.5.22.

On all my tests it works as expected - in windowed or fullscreen. So, questions:

- how do you use drag&drop? I opened folder with images, dragged image, ALT TAB, dropped onto slot in Smart Mtl Editor. It appears there.

- what extension used? jpg png tga bmp tif tiff allowed.

On all my tests it works as expected - in windowed or fullscreen. So, questions:

- how do you use drag&drop? I opened folder with images, dragged image, ALT TAB, dropped onto slot in Smart Mtl Editor. It appears there.

- what extension used? jpg png tga bmp tif tiff allowed.

My testing it seems to be a focus issue...

Not working:
Explorer open (window over top 3D Coats), drag image directly to 3D coat..Nothing happens

Working:
Explorer open (window over top 3D Coats), drag image to 3D coat in taskbar so it gets focus, then drop into 3D coat..works

Also working using your method of Alt-Tab first so 3D Coat has focus works.

Seems the "drop" doesn't register unless 3D coat has focus.
Edited by bocs
  • Like 2

My testing it seems to be a focus issue...

Not working:

Explorer open (window over top 3D Coats), drag image directly to 3D coat..Nothing happens

Working:

Explorer open (window over top 3D Coats), drag image to 3D coat in taskbar so it gets focus, then drop into 3D coat..works

Also working using your method of Alt-Tab first so 3D Coat has focus works.

Seems the "drop" doesn't register unless 3D coat has focus.

Thanks, that was reason, found & fixed.
  • Like 2