3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Contributor

The file I sent to Andrew had this happen twice (the return of a corrupted mesh from a saved state) so maybe he can make a deduction. Currently.. I'm waiting on RFill to do it's thing. Usually it is instantaneous but occasionally it seems to just spin it's wheels with 3DC using 12-13% of my Xeons with memory increases as well. 

• Contributor

Bug with objectify hidden and Res + .

Procedure.

1) Create any voxel object

2) Use any tool to Vox Hide

3) Geometry --> Objectify hidden (it will create 2 layers)

4) Apply Rea + to the first layer , booom it res + but it res up on the model before you apply Vox Hide or it applies it to both.

Is there a general place that we can see news and updates about Beta programs? that is bulleted? Even a reddit thread.. Ive been looking around a lot... The new feature list is interesting but doesn't really give us much news? Seems like there sound be a running list  on the 3dc front page..even a twitter feed would be better than nothing. 

• Like 1

Is there a general place that we can see news and updates about Beta programs? that is bulleted? Even a reddit thread.. Ive been looking around a lot... The new feature list is interesting but doesn't really give us much news? Seems like there sound be a running list on the 3dc front page..even a twitter feed would be better than nothing.

I am posting news about the beta releases on my website, my tweet and in Google plus since a long time. Maybe this is interesting for you? Just look into my footer here for more information.

Best wishes

Chris

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Ahh.. I did find Andrews twitter. That should be on the 3dc page. Im already a customer and motivated.. might be good for the casual person who drops by. ..they may not know who Andrew is.

https://twitter.com/andrewshpagin

I think Andrew intended for the features of Betas (release notes) to be mentioned on the download page, where it is easy to find. Could they be more detailed? Sure, but then again a lot of the features are covered on the Youtube Channel. Plus Beta's are always sort of private/exclusive (to users), anyway. When a major release comes out, then the bulk of the features are listed on a release page.

Important problem in pose tool.

1. In Line selection mode I can not substract areas by using CTRL-key. Can anyone confirm this bug please?

2. Undo selection in pose tool does not work immadiately, only by using it second time.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong (lot has changed since I've used 3dc) but I think the primitive tool in vox room doesn't work (trying adding a sphere, changing it's radius: impossible).

It seems to be a bug. I can reproduce it for the sphere.

• Advanced Member

It seems to be a bug. I can reproduce it for the sphere.

Also, the 'use sector' feature in the sphere primitive tool options has no effect. It displays correctly in the preview, but when you apply it it only creates a complete sphere regardless of the settings.

• Contributor

Got a Bug in the old Beta of 4.5.25 testetd the new Beta 4.5.33 and the bug is still there.

Looks like an old Bug that have not been reported so far.

Tested with my old Beta15, and there is no BUG

If i import an object for PPP on the splashscreen and if i change the UVs.

I am no longer to paint depth on the object, Diffuse, Roughness and Metallness works fine so far.

Step to reproduce.

1. Start with PPP and import your Modell.

2. Switch to UV-Room and change your uvs.

3. Klick on Apply, very important, without that it wont be changed.

4. Switch to Paint-Room klick on OK for to complede the new UVs.

5. Paint with Depth and it wont works.

On a new imported modell without changing UVs, pinting with Depth works fine.

Could anybody confirm that, please.

Edited by Malo

• Advanced Member

Step to reproduce.

1. Start with PPP and import your Modell.

2. Switch to UV-Room and change your uvs.

3. Klick on Apply, very important, without that it wont be changed.

4. Switch to Paint-Room klick on OK for to complede the new UVs.

5. Paint with Depth and it wont works.

On a new imported modell without changing UVs, pinting with Depth works fine.

Could anybody confirm that, please.

Just tried this on 4.5.19

I don't follow the "Switch to Paint-Room klick on OK for to complede the new UVs.", as after applying the new UV's in the paint room I do not get a prompt when switching back to the paint room. However, my UV's have been updated, and painting depth works fine.

As proof, here's the standard swatch-model thing with non-default UV's (because I had just changed them)

post-28483-0-42444600-1460129512_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Tony, who is that in response to? If myself or Malo, there is no voxel sculpt in this scenario. The first step is to start with PPP and import a model. The issue Malo is having, and that Carlosan has confirmed, is that you lose the ability to paint depth after altering UV's. My post is just saying that this issue does not exist on 4.5.19, and everything works as expected.

• Contributor

Thanks carlosan :)

Thanks Dave :)

I have my old 4.5.Beta15 here to work with.

Sadly but true to switch nearly 20 Versions back.

@Tony

I ask me the same as Dave?

If you are refering to my post, maybe you are not realy informed about the workflow if you start with PPP.

Maybe you should read my posting again, to understand it a little bit better.

Anyway.

Mantis report is open if somebody want to confirm it, or run into the same problem.

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2105

@Andrew

Please fix that as soon as possible.

• Contributor

Hmmm, that hasn't been my experience (4.5.33).

Tony, do you mean that you can export a VoxTree object with "Save Volume as 3B" or "Save Volume w/ Sub-Tree as 3B" and then load it without crashing 3D-Coat? Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Tony, do you mean that you can export a VoxTree object with "Save Volume as 3B" or "Save Volume w/ Sub-Tree as 3B" and then load it without crashing 3D-Coat?

Yes, I had teeth, upper and lower.. In retopo the saved file returned all of one volumes veritces snapped helter=skelter to the other object. To get around this behavior (twice with both objects) I saved the bottom teeth to a separate file (no child volumes) without incident.This is 4.5.33.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Yes, I had teeth, upper and lower.. In retopo the saved file returned all of one volumes veritces snapped helter=skelter to the other object. To get around this behavior (twice with both objects) I saved the bottom teeth to a separate file (no child volumes) without incident.This is 4.5.33.

Strange. Then maybe I'm facing ye olde' options.xml problem, or something related to it. I'll have to check.

Edited by ajz3d

• Reputable Contributor

Strange. Then maybe I'm facing ye olde' options.xml problem, or something related to it. I'll have to check.

Yeah, I've noticed really odd problems here and there, recently in 3D Coat and most of them seem to be resolved just by restarting the app. I was showing off the FLATTEN brush using the ON-PLANE option, to someone recently, and at first it seemed to work great, but then started acting like there was a bug. After restarting all was well again. Something is going on under the hood that randomly causes 3D Coat to bug out once in a while.

• Like 1