3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

Cant edit my last post.

But, I've managed to get 4.5.19 working at last ! 124 updates on Vista , nvidia driver backwards and forwards . ( using the latest) Now got to install all the other stuff........sigh.

Still, I can start saving and try to figure out about a new computer... thanks for the input fellers.

Move along ...nothing to see here.....

Please write to support.linux@3dcoat.com or sergkryzh@gmail.com (Sergyi) about the problem. I think he should know solution.

4.5.35 [beta]

- Export constructor done! It is very important feature to pack many channels into one texture in customable way. It will help to adopt 3D-Coat's texture export for any render or game engine. Look v-ray preset as example. There will be more presets for convenience.
exportconstructor.png 
- Smoother/angulator/sublivide got 3d lasso in e-panel
- Fixed proble related to saving/import vox tree chunks to 3B file

• Like 4

• Contributor

For anybody who is interested, about the PPP and UV Change Bug.

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2105

After several test, i found the problem.
As long as you did not klick on "Apply UV-Set" in the UV-Room, everything works as it should.

Simple switch to Paint-Room after your changes, and you could work without problems.

Still looks like there is something wrong, but now i have a workaround.

Edited by Malo
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Please write to support.linux@3dcoat.com or sergkryzh@gmail.com (Sergyi) about the problem. I think he should know solution.

Thanks Andrew, Its Ok I dont really have a problem. Probably some weird glitch somewhere in my system. Computer and 3dCoat is working fine again after an extensive re-install.Version 19 works fine for my current needs .Even the 33 beta worked ok ,before my computer went flakey . I will probably upgrade my system later on in the year to keep up with the rest of the world.....

• Contributor

4.5.35 [beta]

- Export constructor done! It is very important feature to pack many channels into one texture in customable way. It will help to adopt 3D-Coat's texture export for any render or game engine. Look v-ray preset as example. There will be more presets for convenience.

exportconstructor.png

Beautiful! I've been waiting for this for a long time. :D Many thanks! :hi:

• Contributor

I have noticed that I cannot put Roughness, Metallic or other greyscale channels into Red channel of an RGB or RGBA image. If I do so, 3D-Coat immediately places them in G and B as well. I think this is a bug, because I can place those textures in G and B.

• Contributor

In 4.5.34 and 4.5.35 I encountered some problems with Smart Materials Preview. Sometimes I get this multi coloured
preview:

post-12523-0-95242900-1460933189_thumb.j

But 3DC fills objects with the correct material and after I quit the editor and enter it again, the preview is displayed correctly. So it is definitely some problem with a preview window (the one with the material preview object, not the Smart Material Preview window).

I have just re installed Widows Vista . So I have a completely clean computer... tried to install Beta 34 but wont run because of some sort of "application  error"

I have checked 3D-Coat 4.5.35 (64-bit and 32-bit) under clean install of Windows Vista 64-bit and 32-bit. Both install and work.

• Contributor

I have noticed that I cannot put Roughness, Metallic or other greyscale channels into Red channel of an RGB or RGBA image. If I do so, 3D-Coat immediately places them in G and B as well. I think this is a bug, because I can place those textures in G and B.

It's works.

It was a user error. I kept putting channels into RGB instead of R. Sorry about a false alarm.

Hey Dev Team!

I checked the latest Windows build today at work and noticed that the new shaders finally match the Industry Standards (Unity, in out case). A very nice and welcome addition!

Is there any chance we Linux users get a new BETA build, too? It is kinda pointless to author 3D content when the authoring tool doesn't deliver correct results. :dash2:

4.5.36 [beta]

- Export constructor polished. Included a lot of presets for export for main engines and renders.

- Incremental render turned off for "Connform retopo mesh" mode for corret view.

- Minimal radius for spike/snake/muscle removed.

- CUDA and no-CUDA version unified, now all choice performed automatically.

• Like 4

Minimal radius for spike/snake/muscle

Surface mode - Symmetry ON

- Assign for spike/snake/muscle brush radius = 0

- Sculpt

- Crash

post-10142-0-86428100-1461236433_thumb.j

-------------------------------

Export option:

A preset for Blender -BI- will be very welcome

Ty !

• Contributor

Maybe the issue is related to this reference by AbnRanger in another thread: "I noticed a small one...don't know that I'd call it a bug, though, just a limitation that shouldn't be there...the other day, and promptly let Andrew know about it. It was the muscles tool. It had some kind of arbitrary limit, no matter how small the radius was. It used to be an exceptional tool for sculpting hair, but not so much with the arbitrary limit. All contributors and regular users do constantly report bugs we run into and Andrew has been pretty responsive."  Was the "arbitrary limit" eliminated?

• Advanced Member

v4.5.36 new auto chose non cuda version and voxel primitives no longer work. 2 versions ago there was issue with "sphere". Now all voxels wont create.

Acting like it's cuda version on my Nvidia Quadro FX5600. Had to stop using cuda awhile back.

Edited by BurrMan

• Contributor

When was the Import->Replace Geometry feature introduced? Never mind. It just saved my bacon. I imported my object for PPP without making sure that No Center Snap is set to true, and I only realized that the object is off the main axis after I was ~75% into texturing and about to use radial symmetry for painting an element that was originally centred exactly on Z axis. I almost panicked when it hit me that it wasn't and it was way below the XZ plane instead. But then, halfway of writing a help post here on the forum, I thought: "Wait a minute, in Substance Painter it's possible to replace the geo. Maybe it is here too?". Imagine the relief on my face when I saw this very option. :)

@Andrew, I have a question regarding this Replace Geometry function. And I swear I will bug you via e-mail if you won't reply here. :D Is the process of replacing a geometry, that was initially imported for PPP with No Center Snap set to false, with the very same file, but with this option set to true, absolutely and completely LOSSLESS? It appears to be, but I need to be 100% sure. The answer is very important to me.

P.S. IMO No Center Snap should be set to true by default. If it's disabled, it can break (or at least - complicate) one's workflow without him even knowing until the last moment.

Edited by ajz3d

Hi Andrew, remember the pool ?

Ok, seems symmerty won.

I will do it first, then - layers masks.

With the new export constructor option, will be very nice if you could take time to finish the development.

To work with layer masks let blend smart materials using different masks packed into an RGB map -by uvset-

Ty !

• Like 2

Hi there!

4.5.36 [beta] (DX64) Win 10 / NVIDIA 960 + Latest driver

long time (months?) since I've tried new betas. Just installed it and tried different materials. Lighting doesn't seem to be adjustable, then again I haven't touched these new materials, but none of there seem to react to light direction. I do LMB + drag over upper right corner "light direction" icon, but only env map seems to rotate.

Are all of there shaders matcap style, or have I missed something, or even worse - forgotten something...

Edited by blobby

• Advanced Member

Hi Blobby,

Most of the shaders are now physically based, not matcap, to match up with what's in the Paintroom.  So they are lit by HDRI backgrounds.  And right now, you can only rotate the light along a vertical axis (basically rotating the HDRI image).    

There are also some picmat shaders which aren't lit by the HDRI bg.

You can try double clicking on the first icon in the top right, the one that adjusts the light intensity to get more or less contrast.

Edited by gbball

@gbball -

Hi, and thank you for your reply - So if it's not possible to adjust lighting (ruins sculpting) do I have revert to pre-PBR version or is it possible to load / create somehow material that reacts to light direction like it should. Now it's more like overhead lighting for me, not ideal / usable at all for sculpting.

And I have to question, why would PBR (that is only surface shading model) disable use of directional lighting?

Thank!

• Advanced Member

Well, it doesn't really disable it, there is just no way to create individual lights in the Sculpt room currently.  The HDRI's just provide a more realistic real world lighting scenario.  So if you could find an HDRI image that represents a simple 3 light setup with a key, fill and backlight, that might give you better results.  A little more control over the light would be nice.  But choosing the correct HDRI image might do the trick for you as well.

That being said, it would be nice to have more control over the lights in the sculpt room.  Marmoset and to a lesser degree sketchfab do a really good job of this...where you can optionally use the HDRI and you can also use different kinds of lights, like directional, spots, points, etc.  I like the way Marmoset allows you to be able to click a spot on the HDRI and have that become a tweakable light source.

Anyways, I hope that helps to answer your question.