3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

Oh dear... can not move into render room anymore. 3D-Coat crashes always because realtime render was set permanently after the last crash. Now it tries to render in realtime when I switch to the render room in any scene and crashes instantly.

To others: Don't use realtime render in v 4.5.30 !!!

• Like 1

Oh dear... can not move into render room anymore. 3D-Coat crashes always because realtime render was set permanently after the last crash. Now it tries to render in realtime when I switch to the render room in any scene and crashes instantly.

To others: Don't use realtime render in v 4.5.30 !!!

Chris, you should close your app > delete all the .xml files in your "MyDocs/3D Coat directory > reinstall > update your graphics card driver. It's either a messed up .xml file or a bad driver. Realtime render works just fine for me (4.5.30 CUDA 64 DX/Windows)

• Like 1

Confirmed as well , sorry Chris

I remember I had a render crash once when I opened a very old file and tried to render it. After deleting .xml files I haven't seeing that bug anymore. To me 4.5.30 feels really great in every aspect.  

Edited by haikalle

Chris, you should close your app > delete all the .xml files in your "MyDocs/3D Coat directory > reinstall > update your graphics card driver. It's either a messed up .xml file or a bad driver. Realtime render works just fine for me (4.5.30 CUDA 64 DX/Windows)

Thank you guys. I guess I have to do this as long as there is no regular windows installer for 3D-Coat.

Please vote for a better transform tool:

Attached my proposal.

post-955-0-23747300-1457966770_thumb.jpg

3DC crashes if I leave it open when my PC turns display off due to the power safe mode. When I returned my PC back from the safe mode I got an error message about 3DC crash. I worked in 3DC_DX64bit_CUDA in paint room. Windows 7, Video card Quadro K5000, driver version 354.42. 

This crash happened in few last versions too but I rare use 3DC at this moment. Can someone confirm this bug, please?

Hello,

There seem to be a bug in 4.5.29 and 4.5.30 related to sampling the ambient occlusion for masking smart materials or brush strokes in the paint room.

Can be reproduced when painting vertex colors on a dense mesh.

Smart material which use "More on shadow" or "More on Lit" do not function properly.

Hello,

There seem to be a bug in 4.5.29 and 4.5.30 related to sampling the ambient occlusion for masking smart materials or brush strokes in the paint room.

Can be reproduced when painting vertex colors on a dense mesh.

Smart material which use "More on shadow" or "More on Lit" do not function properly.

I experienced this aswell with the a couple of the default pbr materials that require AO.  I only noticed on the metal shaders, but didn't test extensively.

4.5.31 [beta]

- BIG library of primitives released, includes spirals, screws, etc.

- Corrected diffuse component rendering. It result with more contrast and pretty lighting. Now PBR looks really better and is well compatible with other engines.

- Rendering quality in render room improved. Now all samples are summarized with gamma correctio that leads to much better visual result.

- "Conform retopo" improved - Undo works correctly and reropo mesh visible during transformations.

- Crash in render room fixed.

- faster initial loading

- faster switching between panoramas

- several new studion - like greyscale panoramas.

• Like 4

Hi, 4.5.31(64bit) is only 65mb. Tried to wait some minutes in case it was still uploading, but it's still 65mb.

I'm only getting a 65mb download for the 64bit link.  Also it still says 4.5.30 on the first page.  I'm downloading the the 32bit build because I can't wait to try it out!

Hey Koji,

These shaders look great. However I was only able to get 1 or 2 of them to load correctly. Anyone have suggestions for getting them running correctly?

Hi,b33nine .

https://youtu.be/WKV3EB2xTDQ

I made the video .

Video is Japanese .

Sorry...

But , I think you guys can understand . :)

Koji

• Like 1

new primitives are great !

but

click to place

is working ?

Thank you for the update Andrew , will test in a bit.

Voxel room , while using moving tool , undo stopped working.

Greetings Andrew , 

I res up 2 or 3 times , sculpted and then re sampled down (what i usually do in everyday workflow ).

After that i started moving the voxels based on an image to fit it a bit better , did a couple mistakes and i undo.

On the 2nd or 3rd undo it stopped going back.

Saved and exited scene. 

On re open everything was fine. Happen twice today.

With the latest beta. Zooming in render room creates ghosts when you use realtime renderer and have orthographic projection. Also I had one renderer crash while testing the latest 

beta but I wasen't able to repeat it yet. 

It would be nice to have basic color tone settings in render room. Stronger blacks and whites would really give some extra to your sculpts.

Edited by haikalle

Hi. I'm not sure if I already described the bug here, but in case I didn't, there are some strange issues going on with the Pose tool when you try to deform an object that intersects with one of the main world planes.

attachicon.gifpose_problem.jpg

On the image below I moved the object a little bit off the XZ plane, towards the -Y, and then posed it:

attachicon.gifpose_problem2.jpg

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2095