3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

Well, if the issue is that Andrew has decided to migrate to DX11, then upgrading to Windows 7 / 8 / 10 would solve the problem.

Thanks, so no point in trying to upgrade then. If thats not going to help anyway.

I was only guessing about the DirectX. I just tested it, and you are right, the OpenGL version of the latest 3D-Coat betas don't work on Vista either. So it isn't the DirectX. Maybe something else is different about Windows Vista that won't run the betas.

Anyways I only have the one Vista machine left (all the others are Windows 7+) so I guess it is time to finally upgrade the Vista one!

Im stuck with vista for the time being......my computer will celebrate its 8th birthday in August...dont wanna put any more cash into this one!

The problems probably  something simple that some genious out there will figure out....are we the only vista users left in the world.

Im stuck with vista for the time being......my computer will celebrate its 8th birthday in August...dont wanna put any more cash into this one!

The problems probably  something simple that some genious out there will figure out....are we the only vista users left in the world.

I give you an advise: Move to win10. Really... win vista suc...

:)

And if you don't like win10 you can always go back to win vista if you do an regular upgrade and don't make a clean install with win10.

Win vista = "Asta la vista..."

;)

Thanks...my mind stopped processing computer specs years ago....all I know is I want a completely silent one...mine sounds like a Hoover when its thinkin' about stuff.

Hey Blaster I was/am looking to upgrade also and its going to be either gtx 960 4gigs V ram  or a gtx 980  the  gtx 970 had not so good as in my notes when looking around forget why I think bottleneck pipe line at least in substance painter  forum if I remember . I don't know in 3dc. Always check to power input too. as of now I have a onboard  Nividia GTX745  .

How is the gtx 970 for 3d coat. Was thinking of picking that up.

I have one and I don't have any real problems with it in 3D-Coat. I've heard that the 970 doesn't actually use the full 4GB of memory on the card, so be aware of that.

The more cuda cores the better... If you can afford it do it!

4 Gbytes are important if you are going to render on the GPU. In blender for example. I can not render some scenes already on gpu because of 2 GB graphics card ram limitation...

The next generation of Nvidia gpus is going to be shown this coming month, I'd wait before picking up a new one atp.

I can not use the 8 key for switching to the metalness channel. Does anybody have the same problem?

Even if I set the key shortcut anew it does not work.

v4.5.32

• Like 1

The next generation of Nvidia gpus is going to be shown this coming month, I'd wait before picking up a new one atp.

Gtx 980 here overclocked edition , no difference at all from gtx 470.

But i noticed massive performance boost since Andrew updated to the new shaders build (cant remember the name).

Also tested on gtx 970 and 980 ti of my Boss.

No speed difference.

I can not use the 8 key for switching to the metalness channel. Does anybody have the same problem?

Even if I set the key shortcut anew it does not work.

v4.5.32

+1000000 not working.

Good call.

• Like 1

Why is the OSX beta so much slower to download? 

On the same computer, my windows 3DC beta downloads in 15-20min, on OSX it is taking between 4-8hrs.

I'm thinking they are hosted on a different server, but why the bandwidth difference?

attachicon.gifnogo.jpg

I went from Beta 20 to Beta 31 and 32, when I run them all I get is this. What do I do now?  B20 still works if I go back to it. ( well ,it did last week ,I have not gone back yet on this attempt.) Grateful for any advice.

So , are the latest Betas no go on Vista then? I could do with a definitive answer to this one please.

So , are the latest Betas no go on Vista then? I could do with a definitive answer to this one please.

Looks like it.

Same problem on my laptop (Vista 32-bit).

It's either CloseGestureInfoHandle (for DX versions) or SetGestureConfig (for GL versions). Both in USER32.dll.

What is going on?

Edited by ajz3d

4.5.33 [beta]

- Shaders updated, correct rendering in render room, good sss for sculpt objects. See screenshots:

1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg  5.jpg

- Extrude faces, extrude vertices, Intrude, Shell implemented for retopo/select/faces mode.

LowPolyOps.png

- RMB->Share item/folder works correctly for PBR materials
- If "Material preview" window is collapsed it will not pop-up again when you are switching rooms.

• Like 6

i would love to see some development towards artificial intelligence. For example it would be a blast if you could implement something like automatic 3d face extraction from small res videos. Newest paper on that is amazing and can be seen here in action: 

Wow,

That is some really nice looking SSS...I've got to try this out and do some tests!

Keep up the great work Andrew and the rest of the team!

-G

Great update Andrew ;)

A hidden retopo group, that lies on the same UV-set as the retopo group I'm currently working on, regularly gets its UVs all screwed up. What I mean by that, is that the UVs of this hidden group get somehow reapplied per-face, and I end up with 2096 separate UV islands. Last time it happened was right after I unwrapped the UV-set.

Oh, and I'm experiencing this in 4.5.32 and 4.5.33.