3DCoat Forums

Thanks for the input guys! Had this all working ok last week...so I know it will work fine . then out of the blue my computer just went really slow and jerky. So had to bit the bullet and start again.

Got Direct X 10.1,geforce 341 95 

Sick of messing with all this .Think I will pack it in for now . See if I can get a middle of the road new computer for cheap.

I will have a go today, if its not working by bedtime ....see you in a few months..... :dash2:

Thanks for the input guys! Had this all working ok last week...so I know it will work fine . then out of the blue my computer just went really slow and jerky. So had to bit the bullet and start again.

Got Direct X 10.1,geforce 341 95 

Sick of messing with all this .Think I will pack it in for now . See if I can get a middle of the road new computer for cheap.

I will have a go today, if its not working by bedtime ....see you in a few months..... :dash2:

If you already decided to reinstall vista why not install windows 10 instead of this? I am sure it would work like a charm even on your old machine.

Give it a try before buying a new workstation.

• Like 1

Thanks Taros. Ive thrown enough cash at this pc over the last 8 years ,maybe its time to move on.

Just loaded 122 updates...took about 3-4 hours!! Computer works fine ,just doesnt like 3dcoat.

• Like 1

Cant edit my last post.

But, I've managed to get 4.5.19 working at last ! 124 updates on Vista , nvidia driver backwards and forwards . ( using the latest) Now got to install all the other stuff........sigh.

Still, I can start saving and try to figure out about a new computer... thanks for the input fellers.

Move along ...nothing to see here.....

Can "Use as color palette reference image" feature be added to drag-and-drop functionality, please?

One more request.

Could Paint Objects list be sorted alphabetically?

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

If I were you Stu, I would hold with the purchase of Windows 10 to the last possible moment and buy Windows 7 instead. It will be supported until 14th of January 2020 and you might save yourself major privacy violation issues as well as problems caused by enforced updates.

Windows 7 rules! I tried the free update to 10 and lost my audio. :mad:

had the same audio problems when 10 first came out...had to uninstall/reinstall drivers each reboot to get sound working again. (back to Windows 7)

BUT...A few weeks ago decided to Try it again since creative have released audio drivers for Win10 and no problems now, sticking to 10.

Look for some updated drivers for you sound card, the ones installed with windows 10 suck.

Windows 10 is faster and has some cool features for multi monitor support like each monitor can have it's own task bar.

Windows 7 is still great, the audio issue was the only thing keeping me from upgrading and now that is fixed.

who ever is still on vista should upgrade to 7 to 10...you can always install it on a new computer later (worst case you just call the automated microsoft number to reset the hardware)

One more request.

Could Paint Objects list be sorted alphabetically?

+1

When you have a long list of objects it takes far too long to find the one you are looking for, they are not sorted in any way from what I can see. Sorting them alphabetically would be of great help.

Edited by wilson66
  • Like 2

Cant edit my last post.

But, I've managed to get 4.5.19 working at last ! 124 updates on Vista , nvidia driver backwards and forwards . ( using the latest) Now got to install all the other stuff........sigh.

Still, I can start saving and try to figure out about a new computer... thanks for the input fellers.

Move along ...nothing to see here.....

Please write to support.linux@3dcoat.com or sergkryzh@gmail.com (Sergyi) about the problem. I think he should know solution.

4.5.35 [beta]

- Export constructor done! It is very important feature to pack many channels into one texture in customable way. It will help to adopt 3D-Coat's texture export for any render or game engine. Look v-ray preset as example. There will be more presets for convenience.
exportconstructor.png 
- Smoother/angulator/sublivide got 3d lasso in e-panel
- Fixed proble related to saving/import vox tree chunks to 3B file

• Like 4

For anybody who is interested, about the PPP and UV Change Bug.

http://3dcoat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2105

After several test, i found the problem.
As long as you did not klick on "Apply UV-Set" in the UV-Room, everything works as it should.

Simple switch to Paint-Room after your changes, and you could work without problems.

Still looks like there is something wrong, but now i have a workaround.

Edited by Malo
  • Like 1

Please write to support.linux@3dcoat.com or sergkryzh@gmail.com (Sergyi) about the problem. I think he should know solution.

Thanks Andrew, Its Ok I dont really have a problem. Probably some weird glitch somewhere in my system. Computer and 3dCoat is working fine again after an extensive re-install.Version 19 works fine for my current needs .Even the 33 beta worked ok ,before my computer went flakey . I will probably upgrade my system later on in the year to keep up with the rest of the world.....

4.5.35 [beta]

- Export constructor done! It is very important feature to pack many channels into one texture in customable way. 

A very useful feature! Thanks.

• Like 1

Layer > export > Color > Save all textures

save psd file = crash

Could please any1 confirm ?

ty

4.5.35 [beta]

- Export constructor done! It is very important feature to pack many channels into one texture in customable way. It will help to adopt 3D-Coat's texture export for any render or game engine. Look v-ray preset as example. There will be more presets for convenience.

exportconstructor.png

Beautiful! I've been waiting for this for a long time. :D Many thanks! :hi:

I have noticed that I cannot put Roughness, Metallic or other greyscale channels into Red channel of an RGB or RGBA image. If I do so, 3D-Coat immediately places them in G and B as well. I think this is a bug, because I can place those textures in G and B.

In 4.5.34 and 4.5.35 I encountered some problems with Smart Materials Preview. Sometimes I get this multi coloured
preview:

post-12523-0-95242900-1460933189_thumb.j

But 3DC fills objects with the correct material and after I quit the editor and enter it again, the preview is displayed correctly. So it is definitely some problem with a preview window (the one with the material preview object, not the Smart Material Preview window).

I have just re installed Widows Vista . So I have a completely clean computer... tried to install Beta 34 but wont run because of some sort of "application  error"

I have checked 3D-Coat 4.5.35 (64-bit and 32-bit) under clean install of Windows Vista 64-bit and 32-bit. Both install and work.

I have noticed that I cannot put Roughness, Metallic or other greyscale channels into Red channel of an RGB or RGBA image. If I do so, 3D-Coat immediately places them in G and B as well. I think this is a bug, because I can place those textures in G and B.

It's works.

It was a user error. I kept putting channels into RGB instead of R. Sorry about a false alarm.