3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

They did accelerate the the AO baking with OpenCL, which we all know, but nothing was mentioned about CUDA being recompiled to a newer version.

Yeah, thats my lack of understanding talking. I was talking as if CUDA and openCL were from the same toolkit. My Bad. It caught me on 3dcoat build back then and that Answer from Andrew answered my problem and got me going. But yeah, you are correct. The CUDA update was never discussed.

As an added side note to my previous thread about quoteing and copying/pasting here in the forum, it seams it is related to IE11 browser.... Using another browser for this forum now...

Edited by BurrMan

- There is possibility to bake Sculpt objects onto current paint mesh. Retopo->Update paint mesh. It will keep painted textures and update normalmap and layers related to Sculpt volumes. It simplifies workflow when you need to change something in geometry on very late stage. Also you may bring paint mesh to sculpt room directly using Geometry->Paint mesh->Sculpt mesh.

- "Ignore back faces" works for Move tool in surface mode.

- If you select some voume via H key VoxTree will be scrolled to show selected volume.

- Material navigation in UV mapping mode tweaked (Speed of transformation).

- Color picker gets color from everywhere on screen. In color picker dialog clicking outside the picker window will pick color as well. "V" hotkey works there as well.

- Toggle Freeze works correctly.

- prim history works correctly for voxels as well.

• Like 5

- If you select some voume via H key VoxTree will be scrolled to show selected volume.

now,that's pretty cool to have in huge voxtrees....thx :)!!!!

How ? CTRL+F in paint room is not working sorry (Show/hide freeze)

- Color picker gets color from everywhere on screen. In color picker dialog clicking outside the picker window will pick color as well. "V" hotkey works there as well.

Been wanting this feature for so long! Thanks Andrew! :)

Edit: Would it be possible to hold the hotkey when color picking the screen to see what color was going to be picked in realtime?

I also noticed the wireframe issue I mentioned on the previous page has been fixed, but the background texture one hasn't.

Edited by PolyHertz

- There is possibility to bake Sculpt objects onto current paint mesh. Retopo->Update paint mesh. It will keep painted textures and update normalmap and layers related to Sculpt volumes. It simplifies workflow when you need to change something in geometry on very late stage. Also you may bring paint mesh to sculpt room directly using Geometry->Paint mesh->Sculpt mesh.

- "Ignore back faces" works for Move tool in surface mode.

- Material navigation in UV mapping mode tweaked (Speed of transformation).

- prim history works correctly for voxels as well.

:shok:  Thank you so much, Andrew. That's a pretty substantial build.  :good2:

Any threads or videos on how this works out yet? If so, link?

Thanks AbnRanger and thank you for the update Andrew.

Any threads or videos on how this works out yet? If so, link?

Thanks AbnRanger and thank you for the update Andrew.

He just now released the build, so there's not been enough time to record anything yet. I need to ask him for one small addition, and that is to provide an option to replace Paint Mesh with Retopo Mesh during the UPDATE PAINT MESH process.

Reason being that if one needs to make some modeling or major sculpting, posing edits, then baking the maps is just one stage in the process. The Retopo mesh will have to replace the Paint Mesh first. Without this option, the user has to export the Retopo Mesh, then go to the Paint Room > FILE Menu > IMPORT > Replace Geometry. Then they have to go back into the Retopo Workspace to do the baking of the maps. A checkbox for REPLACE PAINT MESH w/ RETOPO MESH, in the UPDATE PAINT MESH  pop-up, would condense all those steps down into one. 

So just installed 4.5.38 and got this light show up. I'm not familiar enough with the interface to know where this is coming from and what the old settings were:

It seems to be only affecting the DX version on my system. I also fooled with the contrast and light icons on the top right corner toolbar and the viewport has changed a bit. I liked the default (It looks a little dryer now)

Can anyone answer where this lightsource is coming from or what has changed? Getting the contrast and primary light intensity back to defaults would be nice. Any advice is good.

Thanks.

post-2885-0-29139100-1463277230_thumb.jp

Just reloaded previous build and it appears to have a couple light sources coming from above and rear and stage right etc.....

This looks like they are all at POV center or something? 

Anyway.....................

So just installed 4.5.38 and got this light show up. I'm not familiar enough with the interface to know where this is coming from and what the old settings were:

It seems to be only affecting the DX version on my system. I also fooled with the contrast and light icons on the top right corner toolbar and the viewport has changed a bit. I liked the default (It looks a little dryer now)

Can anyone answer where this lightsource is coming from or what has changed? Getting the contrast and primary light intensity back to defaults would be nice. Any advice is good.

Thanks.

Confirmed. And I agree, it's pretty annoying. Doesn't change when using different environment maps. Can't find any way to disable it, either. This is probably the result of someone requesting a spotlight/direct light in the viewport and it makes matters worse for all other users.

Confirmed. And I agree, it's pretty annoying. Doesn't change when using different environment maps. Can't find any way to disable it, either. This is probably the result of someone requesting a spotlight/direct light in the viewport and it makes matters worse for all other users.

Ah, ok. But a spotlight would be nice, There should just be a "light" object somewhere in the tree to edit/remove... Maybe not by default.... It would help for the rendering side to have actual light objects etc....

Ah, ok. But a spotlight would be nice, There should just be a "light" object somewhere in the tree to edit/remove... Maybe not by default.... It would help for the rendering side to have actual light objects etc....

You can add lights in the Render room, by clicking the ADD LIGHT button. Granted, the user cannot see it...just the effect of it, as you change it's angle and height. I do with Andrew would add the ability to see the light object and manipulate it with a gizmo.

But having a spotlight added to the viewport with no way to control it, is a bummer, for sure. Hope that gets fixed ASAP

• Like 1

-

This looks very interesting.

- BIG ONE: Baking multiple useful maps in Paint room->Textures->Light baking tool

- IMPORTANT (main reason of this build): fixed white spot issue

- Sculpt room : Geometry : Retopo mesh->Sculpt mesh

- Retopo: Update Paint Mesh with Retopo Mesh, it replaces geometry in paint room with retopo mesh

- updated installer. It registers Coat as usual program, it is now possible to uninstall each build from "Programs and components", each build has own place in start menu.

- Raul's tools included - QuadPaint etc. Pay attention that it are essentially BETA tools. Enable them with Prefs->Show beta tools + reboot.

• Like 2

I had it and went from DX to OpenGL. Open GL is all fixed now and doesn't do that with the white spot

- BIG ONE: Baking multiple useful maps in Paint room->Textures->Light baking tool

- IMPORTANT (main reason of this build): fixed white spot issue

- Sculpt room : Geometry : Retopo mesh->Sculpt mesh

- Retopo: Update Paint Mesh with Retopo Mesh, it replaces geometry in paint room with retopo mesh

- updated installer. It registers Coat as usual program, it is now possible to uninstall each build from "Programs and components", each build has own place in start menu.

Fixed white spot! I also like the side-by-side installation now.

Some cool updates since I been away... B)  B)

Not a lot of art since I been taking a break but lots of deep thoughts about life which is a form of painting, not on a regular canvas but the canvas of the mind....

• Like 3

Hey , Yoda master is back ;)

Very happy to see you around.

Those 2 last updates must be rename to 5.6 at least. MAJOR Updates.

WOW lighting render tool works so nice.

Thank you so much for this.

Forgot to mention:

- Raul's tools included - QuadPaint etc. Pay attention that it are essentially BETA tools. Enable them with Prefs->Show beta tools + reboot.

• Like 1