3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

To Center mass and To Main Axis would be a lifesaver in Pose tool Transform gizmo mode.

Its very difficult to do some operations wihout those 2 functions. Please add if you can.

(it would be even better if it had ALL options that are in transform tool)

+100

Speaking of the Transform tool and this has been submitted as a feature request sometime ago, we need the Transform tool to be able to extrude edges creating more polygons faces in the Retopo room and continue to extrude edges to make polygons faces when you hold down the shift key. Yes, we have an extrude command now for edges but it is cumbersome to use and with auto-snap on the polygons generally do not snap evenly or stay even if auto snap is turned off.

The Transform tool would be great for cylinder type of objects with bends and other uses plus it gives control to the user of how and where to place the polygons.

The idea is to turn off Auto Snap, Use the Transform tool to extrude the polygon edges plus using the transform tool gizmo to turn corners and position the polygons and scaling as needed. Final adjustment could be done with some local snapping. 

This addition would speed up the retopoing process...

In your busy schedule please consider this feature request and if possible add this feature in one of the betas before 4.5 is released.

+100. Yes, please.

4.5.BETA8

- Undo in VoxLayer really returns into prev state without leaving new layer

Undo is ok, but now Thickness value result is huge

need to work at 0.01 to get the old result

post-10142-0-02547400-1422038816_thumb.j

post-10142-0-88498400-1422038813_thumb.j

post-10142-0-73284000-1422038814_thumb.j

Please all

If any open reported ticket was fixed, take your time to change the status to resolved  ;) 

post-10142-0-06551400-1422039088_thumb.j

Ty !

I would like to ask if there is work done on retopo and autoretopo as well , or only focused on pbr for 4.5.

Thank you.

Andrew is focusing on the Paint Room for features at the moment, as he did with the Sculpt Room for a very long time. I fairly certain next up that the UV and Retopo Rooms will get some love (because we direly need better UV support, such as multiple tiles visible and editable in the exact UV map it was imported with, and not torn to their own UV maps, half-measure work around).

• Like 1

Much appreciated for the reply Javis.

Something bad is happening to VoxTree. The +/- characters that open/close its branches do not follow icons and text when the VoxTree popup window is resized horizontally.

the + and - keep the position and canT follow scaled window

post-10142-0-08910000-1422046080_thumb.jpost-10142-0-57832600-1422046078_thumb.jpost-10142-0-31970100-1422046077_thumb.jpost-10142-0-57147400-1422046076_thumb.j

This is duplicate of this bug reported around 2 weeks ago

Thanks. I did not see it.

I will delete my entry.

Edit:

How could i close or delete it?

Edited by Malo

Thanks. I did not see it.

I will delete my entry.

Edit:

How could i close or delete it?

Actually installing newest 3dc fixed this problem. Did you try to delete 3dc folder in mydocs? I also installed 3dc to new location in program files. If everyghing works ok I will mark it as resolved.

@Andrew

What did you think about Fill Layers like in Substance Painter?

Would it be possible to store the Material in a layer that we could change and modify it on the fly?

Would this be the equivalent of a "Solid Color" layer in PS? If so, and it was transferable as such, that would be nice.

@Carlosan

I dont have that Options, i only see Move and Monitor.

@Jose

I am on the latest Build, and if i fill a Layer with a normal material, it wont gets filled with metal.

But you are right, if i use one of the preset materials, it works. Thats weird.

@Polyhertz

I dont know what a Solid Color is, i dont have PS.

But a Fill Layer is an easy way to modify a color, without always klicking on Fill or do some experiments until you are satisfyed.

Here you see a good example.

All the basecolors are created with Filllayers. You see, it is non destructive and very easy to use.

Edited by Malo

4.1.17D 64 bit Linux version plus the windows 32bit newest 4.5 beta8 (running under wine in Linux) are not importing some obj files correctly... This effects both the Paint Room when importing and the retopo room when unwrapping.

I imported this simple wings3d model for PPP as a test to show you. In the picture on the right is the model imported into the paint room, faces are missing.

On the left side of the picture is the same model loaded into 4.0.13A. The model loads correctly. I used auto un-wrap in both cases.

I checked the simple model in Hexagon and found no problems with it and I never had problems with Wings3D models before.

This problem also effects the retopo room. The missing faces are seen but when you create your seams and unwrap, you get some twisted uv-islands.

I can create seams and unwrap the model correctly in 4.0.13A in the retopo room.

The 3DC file has been sent to support plus the obj file I sent to support as well.

I installed a completely clean version 4.1.17D to test...

post-518-0-79595700-1422094672_thumb.png

Edited by digman

A few observations based on beta8 :

- It seems like the option to send a screen-projected screenshot of a model to Photoshop for "handpainted" diffuse projection painting has been removed - I could only manage to send the regular textures/UVs to Photoshop. Maybe there is some kind of incompatibility between that workflow and the new PBR painting tools ?

- If the PBR painting tools are advertised as being 100% compatible with Marmoset Toolbag, then there is an obvious need to have at least a few of the default Toolbag environment images included with 3DCoat 4.5. I suppose that there might be a way to manually convert these, but it would be great if the user didn't have to do it all by oneself.

I hope this helps !

A few observations based on beta8 :

- If the PBR painting tools are advertised as being 100% compatible with Marmoset Toolbag, then there is an obvious need to have at least a few of the default Toolbag environment images included with 3DCoat 4.5. I suppose that there might be a way to manually convert these, but it would be great if the user didn't have to do it all by oneself.

I hope this helps !

I agree, I managed to snag a few on free ressources sites but there are great panoramas in toolbag that I miss in 3dc.

Have you found Ennis house?

Andrew said he would ask them. It was a while back in very early alpha stage. I dont know...maybe they said no. 

Btw, I know it's first pass but changing panoramas takes way too long. Previewing the meshes under different lighting condition is very important in pbr and having to wait so long to load another panorama is a bit annoying.

Would love to see an optimization on load times when more important matters are handled.

For comparison it takes about 40 seconds on 3dc while it's almost instant in toolbag, maybe the panoramas in 3dc would benefit from a low res mode (as in alternative files, not lowering the current one, higher res has its use for highly reflective objects) ?

In toolbag they're significantly less detailed.