3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

shift + {

shift + }

there is a typo mistake

note:

there is no difference in performance working blur or not, personally i prefer no blur.

The setting is autosaved as user preference from session to session.

Blur is usefull. Sometimes you don't want to be distracted by the scenery. Other times you want to have your model "in" the scene so it should be sharp.

And thanks for the typo information, I was trying to use it the other day and couldn't I thought it was due to the difference between qwerty and azerty (] is called with alternate in azerty).

Tried this instant, it still doesn't work on azerty keyboard, we still need to use alternate. But that's not a bug it's the same thing with photoshop standard shortcuts. The software expect Qwerty key and in azerty lots of modifiers are involved to call said characters.

Anyway a remapping fixed the issue ;)

It's not possible to hide mask layers (anymore?).

Create a paint layer in the paint room, create a second one (mask layer). Make the second layer mask the first one.

Paint on the mask layer. It works, but when you hide the mask layer using the eye icon, the mask remains active in the viewport.

4.5beta11

Tools Effected: Split, Cut and Clone, Clone

Can someone tell me what setting needs to be changed, or if it's a bug.

Problem:

Using these tools on an object in voxel mode, it's like the selection has an offset.

The tools in surface mode split/copy/clone exactly on the selection.

Maybe a picture will explain better, exact same selection...But the voxel clones more then selected.

54cf57720456b.png

I notice work has been done on paint seams, but there is still the major bug with seams between UV sets. This makes it very hard to work on assets that have multiple UV sets - e.g. characters

I notice work has been done on paint seams, but there is still the major bug with seams between UV sets. This makes it very hard to work on assets that have multiple UV sets - e.g. characters

It looks like a problem with normals map. Maybe converting it to simple height map will help.

View menu / Relief

Ah, actually I meant the source black and white map that normals are being computed from.

There's a request on mantis asking to see it in the texture editor (here), and I was wondering if it was at least possible in the viewport currently?

Just want to say the new brush sensivity in version 4.5.11 is gorgeous. This is what I have waited for since years!

BUT!

Can we have this in the sculpting room too please?

Thank you
Chris

• Like 1

Guys, do you realize there are about a dozen or more small to large feature requests per day, here (on top of the many that are listed on Mentis/Trello)? I don't know how Andrew maintains his sanity. I think he has hired some help in the past year or so, but he has to bring them along gradually. Please, keep this in mind.

4.5beta11

Tools Effected: Split, Cut and Clone, Clone

Can someone tell me what setting needs to be changed, or if it's a bug.

Problem:
Using these tools on an object in voxel mode, it's like the selection has an offset.
The tools in surface mode split/copy/clone exactly on the selection.

Maybe a picture will explain better, exact same selection...But the voxel clones more then selected.

54cf57720456b.png

In the Toolbar, you have a "Split Border Width." Reduce it to the appropriate value. By default, 3D Coat leaves a bit of an overlap when you split an object in voxel mode, because of it's nature.

Ah, actually I meant the source black and white map that normals are being computed from.

There's a request on mantis asking to see it in the texture editor (here), and I was wondering if it was at least possible in the viewport currently?

You can already see the relief in the Texture Editor, under the Depth map setting.

shift + {

shift + }

there is a typo mistake

note:

there is no difference in performance working blur or not, personally i prefer no blur.

The setting is autosaved as user preference from session to session.

not work for me either... my enviroment is always blur. I can´t sharping the image.

I have a big crash when I use Vox Layer tool and extract tool. My computer freeze and I just can reset pressing power button. is just me? Someone can test and confirm or not?

VoxLayer

VoxExtrude

Beta11

No crash

post-10142-0-08783700-1422909218_thumb.j

vox extrude there is no problem for me.vox layer tool and extract tool cause a crash in my sistem.. what I'm doing wrong? with a simple ball , with simmetry or not , crash all my sistem...

You can already see the relief in the Texture Editor, under the Depth map setting.

I only get Color, Normals, Glossiness and Texmetal in the Texture Editor, what are you referring to?

Also, I'd love to see (and edit) the depthmap both in the Texture Editor and in the viewport.

From my meager research, it seems like there is a convoluted or missing means to work with 16 and 32 bit channels for texture work. Perhaps a low hanging fruit would be to polish the means in which users paint and export different file types/bits.

In the Toolbar, you have a "Split Border Width." Reduce it to the appropriate value. By default, 3D Coat leaves a bit of an overlap when you split an object in voxel mode, because of it's nature.

Thanks, I see the problem now....that option only shows in the toolbar when you have Split selected. (seems like a bug to me since it's missing for the clone tools)

*I can change it in split, and the value carries over to the Clone, Cut and Clone. 

Edit: Found a small bug related to this, if you open and close the tool sections...it will double the option

54d01f3433f4d.png

Edited by bocs
  • Like 1

Squeaky Wheel wants to know what's the ETA of the PBR Mac version coming out?!!

Squeak, squeak, Mac version, squeak,squeak,squeak,squeaks,squeak,squeak, Mac version,squeak,squeak.

Some guys have all the luck
Some guys have all the fun.

• Like 1

Squeaky Wheel wants to know what's the ETA of the PBR Mac version coming out?!!

Squeak, squeak, Mac version, squeak,squeak,squeak,squeaks,squeak,squeak, Mac version,squeak,squeak.

Some guys have all the luck

Some guys have all the fun.

Linux squeaky Wheel... Here too, Linux version squeak, squeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... ;)

• Like 1

IMPORTANT FOR ALL

Just a reminder:

Please don't forget to post your bugs into mantis. Your issues will be found much better there. Discussion is useful and asking other users about your problems is good and valueable. But the forums sends your bug posts into the "nirvana" because too much new posts follow and hides your bugs for developer eyes. They do their best, but it is nearly impossible for the programmers to search the forums permanently for problems.

I know some people don't like the system, but you really help the development a lot by using mantis. It is currently the best way to organise the issues.

But to post bugs is not all. You always get an e-mail when your issue is resolved. Please check resolved issues. Is the issue really fixed set it to "closed". If you have problems to use mantis, drop me or carlosan a forum message and we will check it asap.

Thank you very much

Chris

I only get Color, Normals, Glossiness and Texmetal in the Texture Editor, what are you referring to?

Also, I'd love to see (and edit) the depthmap both in the Texture Editor and in the viewport.

The NORMAL map should be called Depth, because 3D Coat uses a normal map and a displacement map (under the hood). With the NORMAL Map selected in the Texture Editor, you see just the depth information. That's all. And as you paint/sculpt in the depth channel it's simultaneously reflected in both the Texture Editor and the 3D Viewport.

Thanks, I see the problem now....that option only shows in the toolbar when you have Split selected. (seems like a bug to me since it's missing for the clone tools)

*I can change it in split, and the value carries over to the Clone, Cut and Clone. 

Edit: Found a small bug related to this, if you open and close the tool sections...it will double the option

54d01f3433f4d.png

Good catch. I've noticed things like this in the Retopo room, as well. If you use the MOVE VERTICES tool and select EDGE LOOP mode > then switch something like the DELETE EDGES tool, you are still in EDGE LOOP mode. Sometimes that can be handy, but I find in practice it's usually a pain in the bum.

The NORMAL map should be called Depth, because 3D Coat uses a normal map and a displacement map (under the hood). With the NORMAL Map selected in the Texture Editor, you see just the depth information. That's all. And as you paint/sculpt in the depth channel it's simultaneously reflected in both the Texture Editor and the 3D Viewport.

Is this a bug ?

Shift+M > paint with depth displacement

Texture Paint > Normal is show as global normal but grey scale

post-10142-0-24867700-1422958752_thumb.j