3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

Painting/filling with bpr material with uv mapping won't work. Box mapping works ok. Serious bug if you ask me...

I was showing 3dc pbr materials at work, I say:

"and we can map by box mapping, and by uv-mapping... Oh wait... it  will be fixed  soon". Andrew I hope you will find time to resolve this bug.

It hasn't been implemented yet. It's a place holder.

• Contributor

It hasn't been implemented yet. It's a place holder.

this is from Beta9 release notes:

- Different preview introduced for planar/uv mapping of PBR materials.

on my side preview works fine...but filling does not. So maybe only preview is implemented.

• Advanced Member

On beta 12   'V' works ok.  I don't have 12a yet.

Will there be a way to share pbr materials with others? I guess pbr material would be required to have ability to pack images into itself, to make it work.  Right now material contains just absolute path to texture, so it would be broken for other person, who doesn't have original textures. 

• Advanced Member

Thx carlosan. Extension export works great. Option to share individual material, instead whole folder would be great, but the way it is now is good enough.

BTW. does painting straight line in vertical or horizontal direction works for others?  Because when I hold shift,  line is aligned to horizontal/vertical position, but after click, it is not aligned to preview. 

Edited by JoseConseco

Yes, also had that crash with the V key. I'm having this same issue with the last 2 betas, reported the bug.

Win 7 Pro x64

It's still happening for me as well, even with a fresh install/configs. For what it's worth, it does also happen with the Sampler tool, just not every time like when using the V key.

• Advanced Member

first need to click

then hold shift

then move the mouse to paint straight line in 45grds, vertical or horizontal direction

Test using hold shift

attachicon.gifStraight.jpg

test using vertex line

attachicon.gifVERTEXLINES.jpg

Ah. Ok I see. Shift works ok. I was using Vertex line, and it is not possible to snap 45deg. I'm not sure if it is a bug or vertex line dosn't support snap. Thx for help

I found another bug (?)

Try to paint a Straight line using vertexline over a curved surface (sphere)

the paint is not following the contour, only first and end point are painted.

Vertex curve same thing.

How is supposed to work ?

post-10142-0-47024800-1424516257_thumb.jpost-10142-0-06171000-1424516264_thumb.jpost-10142-0-04881400-1424516270_thumb.jpost-10142-0-97601700-1424516275_thumb.j

post-10142-0-15395400-1424516404_thumb.jpost-10142-0-96391400-1424516410_thumb.j

I found another bug (?)

Try to paint a Straight line using vertexline over a curved surface (sphere)

the paint is not following the contour, only first and end point are painted.

Vertex curve same thing.

How is supposed to work ?

attachicon.gifvl1.jpgattachicon.gifvl2.jpgattachicon.gifvl3.jpgattachicon.gifvl4.jpg

attachicon.gifvc1.jpgattachicon.gifvc2.jpg

Try turn of Stady Stroke

• Contributor

Andrew,as much as I like Antibump(its fantastic).. on a 2 mil mesh(with symmetry on) at not so large radius I get 15-20 fps :(

....i can feel my stylus nib chipping away like an eraser...

I just cannot really use it comfortably and its a shame because its really the best smoothing available.

Again,maybe my hardware is just too weak (gtx 660,16g ram,I7 3.6ghz...) but mesh is  just 2 million polys...

(symmetry seem to really have a deep impact on performance,I wish one day you will find a way to improve this.)

Smoothing in proxy mode is not solution either as remnants of the smoothed details reappear in the  projection

(anyway,it is correct behavior of proxy mode).

• Advanced Member

Where is this Antibump to be found? o there, in the topmenu sorry.

There are smoothes ( smoothies?) allover now.

There is only one real antibump that always works even on the worst maltreated topology and that is voxelize/smooth and back to surface mode.

Edited by spacepainter

• Contributor

Where is this Antibump to be found? o there, in the topmenu sorry.

There are smoothes ( smoothies?) allover now.

There is only one real antibump that always works even on the worst maltreated topology and that is voxelize/smooth and back to surface mode.

well, if user want to smooth anything locally its not gonna work ...also its gonna destroy most of the Liveclay details all over my model unless I voxelize to a ridiculously high polycount.Antibump is really stellar its  maybe just that I need to upgrade my hardware as it seems Im the only one having performance issues with it....

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I just did a really quick rough and ready test Artman, I used the complete Mannequin figure at about 6.5 mill , antibump at 10 dia , frame rate went to about 30 and the brush went slightly jerky. But I found this acceptable for me .Made the brush 3 and it performed fine. My computer is about 7 years old ( dont laugh) Quad core , and an old nvidia card from then. Your hardware sounds like a Hal 9000 compared to mine! Maybe it isnt that? 

Been lovin' your "trim" tool this week by the way Artman!  And 3dCoats been performing great, only a couple of stumbles . I've been doing my biggest ever "build"  and I keep expecting it to fall over . But I think I will need to split up the scene when I start doin' the colouring in!

• Like 1

• Contributor

I just did a really quick rough and ready test Artman, I used the complete Mannequin figure at about 6.5 mill , antibump at 10 dia , frame rate went to about 30 and the brush went slightly jerky. But I found this acceptable for me .Made the brush 3 and it performed fine. My computer is about 7 years old ( dont laugh) Quad core , and an old nvidia card from then. Your hardware sounds like a Hal 9000 compared to mine! Maybe it isnt that? 

Been lovin' your "trim" tool this week by the way Artman!  And 3dCoats been performing great, only a couple of stumbles . I've been doing my biggest ever "build"  and I keep expecting it to fall over . But I think I will need to split up the scene when I start doin' the colouring in!

Thanx,glad you like Trim preset..I still like it much more over any flattenclay variation I tried.

Thanx for testing too, I did same test just to compare with you and on full Mannequin ,6.5mil with 10 radius (and Sym on)I get between 10 to 20 fps. :(

Its really uncomfortable to use for me while sculpting...I feel like Im doing manual polishing with sandpaper... :)

Strangely radius does not seem so important...sometimes even smaller radius I get lower fps.My hardware is really not that strong....gtx 660 is pretty lowend.....

I'll revert to TangentSmooth strong and maybe try antibump again if I ever upgrade my rig (which is not going to be anytime soon) . 

• Advanced Member

Paint room: feature 'distort image' (preview options window) unusable.

Problem: image is distorted in a weird, uncontrollable way. When you try to distort e.g. left side of the image, the opposite side of the image is distorted as well although it is way outside the brush radius. 

dist.png