3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Contributor

It should mask out that materials layers entirely. But there was a bug a few builds ago that had the channel names criss-crossed with the actual functions. Maybe that is happening again?

It may be. I didn't experience the bug that you mention here, but it's likely that something similar is happening.

Thanks!

For now the workaround is to use both: material and a stencil at the same time, with transform options set to Transfer stencil & PBR mat. Both of them must be initially Reset in order for their alignment to be correct.

• Advanced Member

Still getting seams all over my models. I did some trouble shooting. its real strange in that when i broke up the model (deleted parts just so it wasn't a complete finished asset ) the seams became far less visible.  Mantis report with images of my process and issues below.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1808

BETA13

- Finished render room update, rendering using panorama lights supported!

- Undo lag on highpoly objects fixed

- Fixed problem of "parasite" background transparency inside semitransparant controls/guides in incremental render mode.

- Possibility to open Autosave directly from File menu.

- UV mapping currected, v-direction flipped

- Blur/sharpen panorama control in navi bar

- Color transformations will not be applied to normalmap layer in "Apply to al" mode.

- Crash related to vertex painting and undo fixed.

- Space panel size decreased even more.

- Problem of saving Vox Hide hidden data solved. How all may be restored after reopening the scene.

- Broken small-scale curves problem fixes

- ggx supported very well!

- Export of AO/curvature in unified export dialog

- Draw on plane option got additional constraints - XY,YZ and ZX planes.

• Like 3

• Contributor

I didn't test the beta yet but:

Blur/sharpen in navbar is a really nice idea. Countless time I had to detach the menu to get it multiple time (the menu closed when hit once) and I had to avoid moving the mouse too far away from menu or it would disappear again.

This is much more practical especialy since localized keyboards don't always work well with the shortcuts (default one doesn't work on azerty keyboard with alternate needed to call the character) for instance.

• Contributor

Great job Andrew!

I have a question. What exactly does the new AO_Intensity parameter represent? Its low values almost completely remove the diffuse (if no additional lights are present in the scene), and at 100% the diffuse contribution increases to very saturated colour levels - much more saturated from what is displayed in the normal viewport.

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for update. Can you guys open old files in beta13? For me 3dc freezes. And once I managed to open old file, but specular information was lost

I've been having real trouble doing so. There is something wrong with this build. Files I was just working on today, won't open. Was able to get another file open, but it seems to take way too long to open...nearly 2-3minutes.

• Contributor

On my system I can open files and nothing appears to be lost. Also, opening files takes the same amount of time as usual. Have you guys tried with factory settings?

I do however have other problem with this build. The freeze tool inside the paint room no longer displays frozen stuff. Toggling freeze view or Show/Hide Freeze doesn't help much. Frozen surface is no longer distinguishable from unfrozen.

---

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1810

Edited by ajz3d

BETA13

- Finished render room update, rendering using panorama lights supported!

- Undo lag on highpoly objects fixed

- Fixed problem of "parasite" background transparency inside semitransparant controls/guides in incremental render mode.

- Possibility to open Autosave directly from File menu.

- UV mapping currected, v-direction flipped

- Blur/sharpen panorama control in navi bar

- Color transformations will not be applied to normalmap layer in "Apply to al" mode.

- Crash related to vertex painting and undo fixed.

- Space panel size decreased even more.

- Problem of saving Vox Hide hidden data solved. How all may be restored after reopening the scene.

- Broken small-scale curves problem fixes

- ggx supported very well!

- Export of AO/curvature in unified export dialog

- Draw on plane option got additional constraints - XY,YZ and ZX planes.

Thanks for your hard work Andrew! I'm downloading now, looking forward to checking this build out. :)

- What exactly does Render Light for Panorama on/off ?

- Adjust Primary Light Intensity vs Exposition ? Which value is correct ?

Left PLI = 14 / E = 300 < ------------ > Right PLI = 294 / E = 14

post-10142-0-94983100-1425687118_thumb.j post-10142-0-47344300-1425687117_thumb.j

any help is welcome

ty

• Like 1

• Contributor

- What exactly does Render Light for Panorama on/off ?

- Adjust Primary Light Intensity vs Exposition ? Which value is correct ?

Left PLI = 14 / E = 300 < ------------ > Right PLI = 294 / E = 14

attachicon.gif14-300.jpg attachicon.gif294-14.jpg

any help is welcome

ty

I was asking myself the same questions.

Thats awesome! But wait, month after month goes by and still no Mac/Linux versions?  :( We're starting to feel a little abandoned, just a teeny-weeny tiny little bit..

Mac/linux porting code on higher version of GL finished.

The only rest thing - correcting all shaders. This is small in comparison to all big job.

Generally all that problems are because of textureLod instruction in shaders and how Apple treats programmers job...

Don't sweat it too much Andrew. Patience is a Virtue lost in this era. Everyone will get their mac and Linux in due course.

In the mean time, there is some serious loading issues in build 4.5.13. Even small files can take a while to load, while my larger files can take a very long time. As in minutes, one sculpture I recently did takes almost 10 minutes to load.

Don't sweat it too much Andrew. Patience is a Virtue lost in this era. Everyone will get their mac and Linux in due course.

I apologize if anyone feels there is too much impatience about Mac/Linux versions being expressed here. I am confident Andrew does the right thing but the last time we heard about it was back in January and we are all anxious to see it.

In the mean time, there is some serious loading issues in build 4.5.13. Even small files can take a while to load, while my larger files can take a very long time. As in minutes, one sculpture I recently did takes almost 10 minutes to load.

If you have any file that loads long - please drop it to me. It will help a lot.

• Reputable Contributor

If you have any file that loads long - please drop it to me. It will help a lot.

Andrew, all files I try to load take longer. MUCH longer. You can probably load some files in Beta 12 and then install Beta 13 and time how long it takes to load. Big difference.

• Reputable Contributor

I have sent you a PM with example scene that loads above 5min (I didn't wait till the end :D )

Yeah, I've got one that for whatever reason is 3 freaking GBs...and it's just a bust using LiveClay. It took about 1.5min to load with Beta 12, but even after 15 minutes it still hasn't loaded. uploading it now