3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Reputable Contributor

Linux 4.5Beta14, 64 bit non-cuda.

I am getting strange shadows on Baked models from the retopo room when rendering in the render room. Shown in picture.

Render Room settings at default with Realtime Render selected and no extra lights.

I do not have this shadow problem in the Windows DX  version.

post-518-0-14064700-1427050627_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

The environment rendering/lighting is great  - however, the 14A BETA also cannot render out single images with the 'store alpha channel'.

For me, this would be GREAT to get fixed   :)

It would be great to somehow get notified when this is fixed as well   :)

thanks

4.5 BETA15

- Finished multi-uv seamless painting. Seams between uv sets are as good as seams between islands in the same uv-set. It was really complex task, but it is inavoidable to reach cinema quality.

- Rendering with alpha channel in render room restored.

- Objectify hidden works for surface mode as well.

- Front/left/right... correspond to Rhino and other Z-up editors in Swap YZ mode.

When release?

Expected in couple of weeks, but date is still floating.
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Don't know if I'm barking mad or if I missed this but please could Metalness have it's own icon on the UI such as, mine seems to be in the gloss ball it'd be nice to be able to control them separately.

rUw386M.jpg

Also would it be possible to allow the PBR material editor if it doesn't already to support colour id masks such as

textureblend_2hfjhp.jpg

It's really powerful particularly if you could have masking options on layer folders (not the layer system) to separate all the different materials. 

Really loving the Beta so far :) 

Cheers

Greg

Thanks SO much for the fix in rendering alpha! :)

The download link for the 4.5 BETA 15  - just to mention that it still says beta14 in the title.

But I checked and realised that it does link to the 15 beta

thanks

G

Edited by Grayhem

Thanks for fixing the Alpha Rendering, much appreciated :)

However there seems to be a new problem with the FOV settings, at least on my end changing them (and resetting them with RMB) seems to do nothing. Tried it both with an old file and a new scene.

Also i still cant get the Texture Offset Tool to work, but iam quite unsure wether its me doing something wrong or not. Would someone mind confirming this?

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for fixing the Alpha Rendering, much appreciated :)

However there seems to be a new problem with the FOV settings, at least on my end changing them (and resetting them with RMB) seems to do nothing. Tried it both with an old file and a new scene.

Also i still cant get the Texture Offset Tool to work, but iam quite unsure wether its me doing something wrong or not. Would someone mind confirming this?

EDIT: I deleted my posting. I will need to test more...

Edited by digman

4.5 BETA15

- Finished multi-uv seamless painting. Seams between uv sets are as good as seams between islands in the same uv-set. It was really complex task, but it is inavoidable to reach cinema quality.

Do you mean to say that it is not possible?

• Reputable Contributor

Do you mean to say that it is not possible?

Sounds like Andrew was saying that it was difficult to avoid having to put that much work into what might seem like a small feature. But guys who use 3D Coat in film or game cinematics, need to use multiple 4k maps, and there was a noticeable seam between maps. Not between islands on the same map. Just between separate UV maps.

Bug with lights:

Lights won't show color in not real time preview. If there is environmental lightning active, additional lights haven't any effect.

There is also no difference, if you unhook use panorama as environment, I can't see any difference.

I think in the OpenGL Cuda Version it's working better than in the DX Version.

Can someone check?

Greets Tom

Hi,

there is also weird import behavior by import mesh for voxelisation.

Orientation and scaling is completely out of center and the voxel count is also very different

i.e. from working import on V12A.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks Tom

• Advanced Member

If during render I change program window size I loose my model. And only way to get it back open this file again. Am I missing something or this is a bug?

3DC 4.5 beta15 (DX64)

Edited by Vipera

Why turing off tiling with stencil doesn't work? I click button "Tiling" in Nav bar but stencil stays tiled anyway.

also clicking "more" flashes the options then goes back to compact mode, then none of the stencil transforms work.

• Reputable Contributor

also clicking "more" flashes the options then goes back to compact mode, then none of the stencil transforms work.

Why turing off tiling with stencil doesn't work? I click button "Tiling" in Nav bar but stencil stays tiled anyway.

Stencils never had the ability to disable tiling. I've asked Andrew about that many times, and nothing has changed. There is also no "MORE" Options exposed, either. Been that way for a long, long time. I asked Andrew about that many times as well. Don't know why, but he ignored it each time I asked.

Maybe a Mantis request is in order? I quit trying as practically nothing I've requested in the past 2yrs has been addressed.

• Reputable Contributor

right

there is a ticket already open

0001729: Stencils -> Tiling on/off does not refresh

It needs to allow the "MORE" (image adjustments) section of additional options to be exposed for stencils the way it is for Materials. Many times you really need to adjust the brightness and contrast of the stencils, but can't.

• Advanced Member

Still don't understand why we can't simply rotate the environment map both vertically and horizontally, instead of horizontally.  Also, cannot rotate it at all in real-time.  I realize the calculations would be high, but it's locked even when I turn off real-time lighting and rotate it and then go back...it simply stays lit how it was.

Also, I noticed that I cannot rotate the model with the mouse in the render room, again.  Somehow that bug got put back in.

EDIT:  I opened a newer file I created some time ago and I was able to rotate the model with the mouse in the render room.  Seems to be that one file.

Edited by alvordr

• Advanced Member

I checked to see if the environment map was locked, but it wasn't.  I toggled it to lock and then unlock again, but no change.  So, I toggled it to lock and now I can rotate the environment map.  That function is inverse of what it should be.

Edited by alvordr

• Advanced Member

Baking Ambient Occlusion maps for PBR is extremely slow in 3DC.  I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or is this just the way it is in 3DCoat?  My UVs are fine, nothing overlapping or outside of 0,1 UV space.

Baking in Substance Designer or Turtle etc is light years faster compared to 3DCoat;  so I feel that baking is just slow.  Any official word on this?

thanks

p.s. I also noticed that baking an object that has UVs outside of 0,1 textures space slows things up even more.  I couldn't even import some objects into 3DCoat that had UVs like this.  Again, it may be something I'm doing wrong but if it's not then I'd make some suggestion for changes.

• Advanced Member

You are talking about baking local AO? It is (or can be) calculated during the baking process, you need a highres object (in addition to the lowres retopo object), and baking it is very fast in 3D Coat.

If you mean the Textures -> Calculate Occlusion tool, it uses a lot of lights, does not need a highres object, is indeed slow, and I personally do not use this at all.