3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

am I the only one experiencing screen flickers while sculpting ? (beta 13 and 14)

If my videocard is dying on me or somethin I would like to know... :)

I noticed that in 13a, haven't tried 14 enough to see if it's still there.  But at one point it seemed as though the app would flash every brush stroke.

I noticed that in 13a, haven't tried 14 enough to see if it's still there.  But at one point it seemed as though the app would flash every brush stroke.

yes,thats it!! on my side it happens mostly when using LC brushes or SF mode brushes with RemoveStrtching on.

It happens both in DX and GL...occurence is slightly lower in beta14 compared to 13A but its still very frequent ,,,

thanx,at least now I know its 3DCoat's fault and I wont try to change graphic card drivers or run stupid hardware diags for nothing.

When I import an OBJ file into sculpt room I have all normals flipped. It there a way in 3DC to invert normals?

yes,thats it!! on my side it happens mostly when using LC brushes or SF mode brushes with RemoveStrtching on.

It happens both in DX and GL...occurence is slightly lower in beta14 compared to 13A but its still very frequent ,,,

thanx,at least now I know its 3DCoat's fault and I wont try to change graphic card drivers or run stupid hardware diags for nothing.

I'm getting it too. Someone narrowed it down to happening with smaller brush sizes. The tests I run it seems to happen more with smaller brush sizes too. So hopefully it's been narrowed down and fixed for the next build. Andrew, any word?

got a crash on switching to color picker just before (beta 14 ) . bug report was sent. feels like it was only when "sample all layers " was OFF

Edited by Boonta

While in the paint room, in the Texture editor, I selected TexMetal from the drop down list (just playing), and my model turned the same colour as the background and I cannot get it back to the way it was.

T.

I had the same issue, I fixed it by selecting specular, then the model returned. 

How do you get a hdri to show up in the paint room?  I pick "Use Panorama" in the camera/background menu and choose an image with "Choose Panoramic Image".  The background changes but it's not the hdri file.  Is this how it works or am I missing something?  Thanks,  :)

How do you get a hdri to show up in the paint room?  I pick "Use Panorama" in the camera/background menu and choose an image with "Choose Panoramic Image".  The background changes but it's not the hdri file.  Is this how it works or am I missing something?  Thanks,   :)

What build are you using?

Must be a bug in the Linux version then.  :(  I'm using the latest beta 4.5.beta14a(gl64).

Grimm, the same thing is happening to me on Windows in the same build as you. It wasn't happening in previous builds.

Linux 4.5 Beta14 64 bit non cuda...

The imported reference mesh using "Perform Retopology \ Import Reference Mesh is incorrectly imported. Shown in Picture...

It appears with moving tiles...

post-518-0-30136500-1426866003_thumb.png

Edited by digman

Linux 4.5 Beta14 64 bit non cuda...

The imported reference mesh using "Perform Retopology \ Import Reference Mesh is incorrectly imported. Shown in Picture...

It appears with moving tiles...

same here

BETA14, Windows

Can someone confirm, that importing an .obj file with multiple objects into Sculpt room, no longer places those objects on separate layers if Import to Separate Instances is turned on and if they're imported as voxels?

It does work for surfaces though (Import w/o Voxelization).

Also, in both cases the program creates a child layer of the currently selected one.

If file is imported as voxels, it places all objects in this very layer. If it's imported as surface, it places them as children layers of this layer. That's something new, because in the past objects were placed as direct descendants of the currently selected layer.

Edited by ajz3d

Another bug, not related to 4.5 betas, but present in every 3D-Coat version I used, is that sometimes when 3D-Coat crashes, it resets almost all of its settings. This includes preferences, theme, hotkeys, navigation presets, except of maybe page layouts and, fortunately, except of presets, shaders, alphas, materials and brushes, which are always preserved.

Sometimes a crash will cause this reset, sometimes it won't. The chances for that are random, I think. The fact is however, that having to restore all those preferences from backup files is always an inconvenience.

I just had another one of them.

• Like 1

same here, a lot of bugs in beta 14, I would return to use beta 13 or 12, if import fbx file , then click cancel, 3dcoat will crash.

Another bug, not related to 4.5 betas, but present in every 3D-Coat version I used, is that sometimes when 3D-Coat crashes, it resets almost all of its settings. This includes preferences, theme, hotkeys, navigation presets, except of maybe page layouts and, fortunately, except of presets, shaders, alphas, materials and brushes, which are always preserved.

Sometimes a crash will cause this reset, sometimes it won't. The chances for that are random, I think. The fact is however, that having to restore all those preferences from backup files is always an inconvenience.

I just had another one of them.

Just had the same exact thing happen. I don't know if Windows borks all the XML files and 3D Coat is forced to reset them all on startup, or if it's all 3D Coat's fault. I'm leaning toward the later.

Linux 4.5Beta14, 64 bit non-cuda.

I am getting strange shadows on Baked models from the retopo room when rendering in the render room. Shown in picture.

Render Room settings at default with Realtime Render selected and no extra lights.

I do not have this shadow problem in the Windows DX  version.

post-518-0-14064700-1427050627_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

The environment rendering/lighting is great  - however, the 14A BETA also cannot render out single images with the 'store alpha channel'.

For me, this would be GREAT to get fixed   :)

It would be great to somehow get notified when this is fixed as well   :)

thanks