3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Advanced Member

ghib, I reported it so long time ago, that I lost hope that it it will be fixede.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1711

It feels like I wasted time reporting  those too:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=45977

Edited by JoseConseco

• Contributor

Merging paint layers is crashing every single time. :(

works ok on my side (Beta18)

Does it crash in all your files?

You should send file to Andrew ,when he can reproduce he can fix almost all the time.

ghib, I reported it so long time ago, that I lost hope that it it will be fixede.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1711

It feels like I wasted time reporting  those too:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php?filter=45977

Fixed in the next build, FWIW.

Found a weird little thing in beta 16, which I still see in 18. In the render room there's a function called "Exposition". I think it's supposed to be "Exposure".

Hey Phil, got a screenshot for me? I'll fix it up.

• Advanced Member

works ok on my side (Beta18)

Does it crash in all your files?

You should send file to Andrew ,when he can reproduce he can fix almost all the time.

Thanks but I can't send files from the studio. It's a multi-layer multi-tile asset, about 7GB file size. Merge down works ok, but Merge visible crashes every time. I suspect it's got to do with layer masks.

Thanks but I can't send files from the studio. It's a multi-layer multi-tile asset, about 7GB file size. Merge down works ok, but Merge visible crashes every time. I suspect it's got to do with layer masks.

If you could zip it up and use and upload service, and only share the link with Andrew and myself, that would hemp us silver your issue greatly. I'd hate to see this bug sneak by.

• Contributor

If you could zip it up and use and upload service, and only share the link with Andrew and myself, that would hemp us silver your issue greatly. I'd hate to see this bug sneak by.

Or maybe if you have time, take a few minutes to create a similar model just for testing purposes, nothing special, just a basic model that has the same characteristics as your production model (multi-UV etc.). If that still crashes 3D-Coat, then share it with Andrew (and Javis etc.), so they can solve the bug.

I know none of us have time to spare, but a little extra effort goes a long way for fixing bugs. I have often been amazed by how quickly Andrew solves bugs that I have taken a little time to succinctly report to him. The key is to be very brief and clear with Andrew (no lengthy explanations). He is a great programmer, but he is very busy. Quick occasional reminders also help. [emoji4]

• Advanced Member

Or maybe if you have time, take a few minutes to create a similar model just for testing purposes, nothing special, just a basic model that has the same characteristics as your production model (multi-UV etc.). If that still crashes 3D-Coat, then share it with Andrew (and Javis etc.), so they can solve the bug.

I know none of us have time to spare, but a little extra effort goes a long way for fixing bugs. I have often been amazed by how quickly Andrew solves bugs that I have taken a little time to succinctly report to him. The key is to be very brief and clear with Andrew (no lengthy explanations). He is a great programmer, but he is very busy. Quick occasional reminders also help. [emoji4]

I tried this, but I only have Windows at home, not Linux and was unable to reproduce the bug. If I get time at work I'll try to create a test scene that reproduces the error.

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Andrew - are there any chances you could look into those two bugs:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1809  - it is imposible to set plane for LC general brush -> 'on plane' option.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1714  -  sampler too is buggy.

Also two features I wish were added for managing pbr materials;

- I wish I could copy settings of one pbr material layer to another. I would allow eg. to copy dirt layer from one material to another in easy way -    https://trello.com/c/yTCrAMKL

- often when I tweak material settings, eg rusty metal, I change it so so much that  I wish to save it as another preset. But right now I can only override current material, this destroys my basic preset.  And if I cancel, then  I'm loosing my settings, and I would have to recreate my new rusty metal, from scratch. So I wish there would be option to save / save as/  cancel in pbr material editor.

• Like 1

4.5.BETA19

- Workfolder changed 3D-CoatV4->3D-CoatV45. Use Help->Migration master to copy data to the new location.

- Fixed flat/curved conditions in PBR materials

- Undo and cut&clone issue fixed - #0001854

- fixed color picker hard crash

- fixed crash when 3d-coat exits

- Axis lengs correspond to grid size

- Stencils correctly mapped over the model in UV mapping mode

- Presets and "Modulate Tapering with pen pressure" issue fixed - #0001852

- Removed double "Apply UV set" offering in case when UV-s already applied.

- fixed seams over PBR preview

- Fixed incorrect PBR preview in orthographic mode

- Fixed seamd=s that appear on baked normalmap after baking on multiple UV sets.

- More stable automapping independent on no-manifolds.

- Rotate around custom point via 'F' become more consistent, it jut works now.

- ppp import for big textures and big meshes speeded up at least twice

• Like 5

Installing this version blew away all my presets and user data, and requires me to register again...is there any way to retrieve this lost data?

-Josh did you use Migration Master like it says

Did you use Migration Master like it says? (I haven't updated yet)

Phil,

hey, its my bad, i didn't read the description or specifications on installing because I've done so many upgrades without needing too, and given that it was a jump from 18 to 19, i didn't think it would be so drastic...I didn't use migration master, but for when I upgrade at home I will use that.

Working folder changed, so at first glance it looks like data blown away, but iy is kept in old 3D-CoatV4 folder to be used with previous version.

New data is in 3D-CoatV45 folder.

It is generally more safe way of transition.

Use migration master.

Migration Master is not working as expected

What do you mean?

Working folder changed, so at first glance it looks like data blown away, but iy is kept in old 3D-CoatV4 folder to be used with previous version.

New data is in 3D-CoatV45 folder.

It is generally more safe way of transition.

Use migration master.

What do you mean?

Do you have an estimation for the final release of 4.5? Thanks a bunch for your hard work, by the way!

Oh wow, just a couple weeks. That's exciting!

Edit: Hmm Migration master didn't work. I ran it and rebooted as instructed, the nothing has changed. Still looks like fresh 4.5 install.  Actually it looks like it copied the files, but not the UI.

Edit: Hmm Migration master didn't work. I ran it and rebooted as instructed, the nothing has changed. Still looks like fresh 4.5 install.  Actually it looks like it copied the files, but not the UI.

same situation on my install

solution was to rename folder 4 to 4.5 -deleting the new 4.5 created previously-

• Advanced Member

Здравствуйте Андрей. Пока вы не выпустили финальную версию, хотел отметить одну вещь. Есть проблема с переходом через горячую клавишу с инструмента "Манипуляция" на другой инструмент, в зависимости от плотности объекта. Если объект сильно плотный - 2-3+ мил. треугольников, то нужно нажимать несколько раз, что бы инструмент переключился и возможно проблема не только с манипуляцией, но только через горячую клавишу.

Еще было бы неплохо добавить плоскость для остальных инструментов. Прошу прощения, что не в mantis )

• Contributor

Migration Master did not copy all of my preferences. What it left out is: UI colours, general preferences, hotkeys, custom navigation settings and presets, page layouts, list of recent files, scripts, retopo colour palette, custom files (like textures/checker1.tga nad textures/checker2.tga that I used to overwrite the default checkers) and possibly some other things which I didn't notice yet.

---

EDIT: Added some more items that didn't migrate.

Edited by ajz3d

One minor issue after using Migration Master this window pops up and says
"AppLins". It should say AppLinks. Took me a second to figure that out.

05.12.2015-15.28.png

same situation on my install

solution was to rename folder 4 to 4.5 -deleting the new 4.5 created previously-

Thank.s that did the trick!

• Advanced Member

Can someone check in Render room for 3DC GL option 'render with shadows' (No shadows unchecked)? On my computer DX version works fine but GL version creates wrong shadow.

• Advanced Member

Not sure what I am supposed to do with the update . I ran the download as I usually do, that went fine. Then I used the migration thingy and that went fine-ish, just lost shortcuts and presets,but I had them saved so just reloaded them.So everything is good.....But I dont get this this thing about a 4.5 folder being created. I dont have this anywhere . Everything is still in a 4 folder. When I was loading, a box popped up asking where to put it...should I have manually typed in 4.5 or was it supposed to be automatic? Beta 19 seems to be working ok ......I just like things to be neat and tidy!

Ok think I have found it...is it the folder in Users- Documents?

Ok ...move along...nothing to see here....

And Vipera ,that shadow thingy seems ok with me.......but I obviously have no idea what I doing these days......

Edited by stusutcliffe