3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Advanced Member

Yes, reproduced and fixed. Was in ppp + show displaced mesh.

Good! This old hotspot problem should at some point get fixed too.

Check where my cursor is, I find myself checking and unchecking options when I drag

up and down the page with the pen.

YA6M35d.gif

post-575-0-35091200-1432584117_thumb.gif

Edited by polyxo

• Contributor

There is a problem with Textures->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness with Preview enabled. At least when painting over vertices.

The Cancel button commits the changes and the operation is not undoable (you need to reload the scene in order to undo the HSL).

All changes that you make to HSL parameters will stack. This means that if you have enabled the preview and reduced lightness to 75% the change will be applied to the texture. If, without closing the HSL window, you will raise this parameter back to 100%, the texture will get darker and darker the more you change the lightness. This applies to all HSL parameters.

• Contributor

There is a problem with Textures->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness with Preview enabled. At least when painting over vertices.

The Cancel button commits the changes and the operation is not undoable (you need to reload the scene in order to undo the HSL).

All changes that you make to HSL parameters will stack. This means that if you have enabled the preview and reduced lightness to 75% the change will be applied to the texture. If, without closing the HSL window, you will raise this parameter back to 100%, the texture will get darker and darker the more you change the lightness. This applies to all HSL parameters.

I already reported on mantis and sent a file to reproduce....

Maybe its working on his side when testing,I dont know.... :unsure:

Hello, did you see my post last page?

Is there any solution for that? I think 3D Coat is counting different uvs tiles as different objects, maybe that is why there are occlusion on the seems.

Also the brushes can`t paint on uv tiles seams.

Bests.

Please send me object to support@3d-coat.com because usually it does not happen even with multi uv objects.

Do you use latest version?

I checked, on my side sync works correctly.

Is there really something glossy pained?

I have painted gloss deliberately in a layer, and when synced, there is nothing in that layer in photoshop

Gloss painted in 3dcoat: http://scr.hu/1z9l/s0bon

Synced in photoshop: http://scr.hu/1z9l/lfvsk

Version: http://scr.hu/1z9l/dkd7p

I have painted gloss deliberately in a layer, and when synced, there is nothing in that layer in photoshop

Gloss painted in 3dcoat: http://scr.hu/1z9l/s0bon

Synced in photoshop: http://scr.hu/1z9l/lfvsk

Version: http://scr.hu/1z9l/dkd7p

Silly me didnt think to edit gloss layers in photoshop via the correct sync option, no problem now :)

• Advanced Member

I noticed that the focus on cursor funcition is not working the way it used to in recent versions.  Most recently in 4.5.00(CUDA)(GL64) on my Win 7 laptop.  Instead of staying fixed.  It seems to reset to where ever the cursor is last over top of geo.  It used to be if I set it to something like the finger using my hotkey, it would stay there until I set it to something else.  But now once I release the cursor after rotating, the pivot drags across the geo and then changes to the latest place that the cursor was over the geo.

I think it's a bug. I haven't tested the DX or non Cuda versions though.

Hello, not to post only bugs (I know that is what this topic is about) I would like to show how amazing results I got with this new 3D Coat in a really fast way.

I did this character for a class at Gnomon School at the begining of the year, and the platform and it armor was 100% in the new 3D Coat 4.5

This is a real-time rendering in Unity 5 with also PBR, the amount of texture edition was minimum and the results were awesome, this was my first time using the new PBR and smart material from 3D Coat 4.5.

• Like 6

• Advanced Member

I noticed that the focus on cursor funcition is not working the way it used to in recent versions.  Most recently in 4.5.00(CUDA)(GL64) on my Win 7 laptop.  Instead of staying fixed.  It seems to reset to where ever the cursor is last over top of geo.  It used to be if I set it to something like the finger using my hotkey, it would stay there until I set it to something else.  But now once I release the cursor after rotating, the pivot drags across the geo and then changes to the latest place that the cursor was over the geo.

I think it's a bug. I haven't tested the DX or non Cuda versions though.

Have you tried to change it in Options?

Clipboard01.png

• Like 1

• Contributor

Vertex painting

If painting with roughness is the only thing enabled, and paint bucket tool is set to Fill /w smooth, it will not smooth the roughness of a given paint layer. Instead it fills the layer with a roughness value that is currently set in the roughness slider.

Similarly, with colour only enabled, the tool will fill the layer with colour instead of smoothing the colour channel.

Edited by ajz3d

• Advanced Member

Thanks Vipera,

That did the trick, I changed it to Rotate around custom point and it works the way I want!

Thanks!

• Advanced Member

Thanks Vipera,

That did the trick, I changed it to Rotate around custom point and it works the way I want!

Thanks!

No problem. I had the same issue after program folder switching from 3D-CoatV4 to 3D-CoatV45 in user\Documents.

4.5.01 (release planned tomorrow)

- Space menu click on command fixed - dialog was appearing under menu.

- separate VoxTree item exported to separate materials/surfaces for ease of assigning materials/effects in exernal tools.

- UDIM + PBR compatibility problems fixed, there was problems with seams.

- Fixed VoxHide and Unhide all issue #0001892

- Fixed problem with he adjustment and cancel. Generally wider problem fixed.

- Copy/paste smart material layers

- Item in Preferences->View: Allow material navigation via LMB/RMB dragging in viewport

- UI fix: clicking outside the check box will not trigger the value.

- Exploding mesh during resolution changig in ppp & show displaced mesh mode fixed.

- Sphere tool with "Draw from first point" corrected, was almost unuseable.

• Like 2

• Contributor

:crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  OMG FINALLY pro is coming my way.

Will i be able to upgrade from Edu through paypal???

If yes i want to buy it right now.

Have been saving since i bought the Edu , so happy right now.

Edited by Michaelgdrs
  • Like 1