3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

This is nothing at all critical...

I see that you now have removed the default hotkey binding for interactive manipulation of stencils, materials etc.

Is there some secreet way left to re-assign them? Pressing on the buttons in the Preview Options panel with the End-key pressed does nothing...

Yes, I removed them because it was totally distracting even for me.

I think yellow gizmo is good replacement.

Yes, I removed them because it was totally distracting even for me.

I think yellow gizmo is good replacement.

I actually fiund the direct action offered by the hotkeys better and had no problems - thus far rarely used the 2D gizmo. Hence my question if there was some way to restore these hotkeys on a per user basis, even if the default mapping is gone.

I actually fiund the direct action offered by the hotkeys better and had no problems - thus far rarely used the 2D gizmo. Hence my question if there was some way to restore these hotkeys on a per user basis, even if the default mapping is gone.

Ok, I may restore old way by option in preferences.

Latest Linux version:

Does anyone else have the problem with painting "more on bumped and more on dent"

It does nothing here.

T.

Latest Linux version:

Does anyone else have the problem with painting "more on bumped and more on dent"

It does nothing here.

T.

What approach? ppp?

Try to set bigger degree.

Also try to decrease radius. Degree of action is 100% when depth achieves pen radius value.

not sure if this has been addressed on this thread or not,..but I'm finding that my brushes feel very different in the last few builds since beta19...I've made tons and tons of custom voxel and surface brush presets in beta18 and earlier; is this to be expected that all the brushes have a different feel?  Because of this I reverted back to beta 18 til I figure out what's going on...if anyone on this forum has info on this, feel free to chime in,..

thanks,

j

There was no any brushing changes in last 4-6 builds.

when you copy an image and paste it into the Color Palette... blue and red are reversed

Thanks for the bug report. It has been fixed in the upcoming V4.5.00 for OS X.

• Like 1

I may be a bit late in reporting this, but when ppp a model that I have made and imported into 3d-coat, I get horrible performance when brushing. My frame rate easily drops to a quarter of the speed it was at with any size brush with any alpha. In contrast, vertex painting a model works extremely smoothly as does painting models made entirely in 3d-Coat. Btw, the model I imported and was working had a 1k standard map on it.

Its the model scale too big ?

I think the way 'relief mode' is implemented now in paint room  ( '1'- hotkey) could be improved.  Right now, the way it works, 3dc is changing lightning from pbr to 'old' point light style. But imo, it should stay lit by pbr environment texture. It would be more consistent with 'smooth shade' vieport display mode

With the Gloss/Spec workflow, syncing with Photoshop shows nothing in the gloss map layer (when in photoshop)

I checked, on my side sync works correctly.

Is there really something glossy pained?

Andrew,

Edit/Mesh and Texture resolution in 4.5  lets the the mesh explode.

I used the sample model creature with default 1024px map and subd to 22912 faces and tried to increase to 2k.

Do you see this too?

Yes, reproduced and fixed. Was in ppp + show displaced mesh.

Hello, did you see my post last page?

Is there any solution for that? I think 3D Coat is counting different uvs tiles as different objects, maybe that is why there are occlusion on the seems.

Also the brushes can`t paint on uv tiles seams.

Bests.

Yes, reproduced and fixed. Was in ppp + show displaced mesh.

Good! This old hotspot problem should at some point get fixed too.

Check where my cursor is, I find myself checking and unchecking options when I drag

up and down the page with the pen.

YA6M35d.gif

post-575-0-35091200-1432584117_thumb.gif

Edited by polyxo

There is a problem with Textures->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness with Preview enabled. At least when painting over vertices.

The Cancel button commits the changes and the operation is not undoable (you need to reload the scene in order to undo the HSL).

All changes that you make to HSL parameters will stack. This means that if you have enabled the preview and reduced lightness to 75% the change will be applied to the texture. If, without closing the HSL window, you will raise this parameter back to 100%, the texture will get darker and darker the more you change the lightness. This applies to all HSL parameters.

There is a problem with Textures->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness with Preview enabled. At least when painting over vertices.

The Cancel button commits the changes and the operation is not undoable (you need to reload the scene in order to undo the HSL).

All changes that you make to HSL parameters will stack. This means that if you have enabled the preview and reduced lightness to 75% the change will be applied to the texture. If, without closing the HSL window, you will raise this parameter back to 100%, the texture will get darker and darker the more you change the lightness. This applies to all HSL parameters.

I already reported on mantis and sent a file to reproduce....

Maybe its working on his side when testing,I dont know.... :unsure:

Hello, did you see my post last page?

Is there any solution for that? I think 3D Coat is counting different uvs tiles as different objects, maybe that is why there are occlusion on the seems.

Also the brushes can`t paint on uv tiles seams.

Bests.

Please send me object to support@3d-coat.com because usually it does not happen even with multi uv objects.

Do you use latest version?

I noticed that the focus on cursor funcition is not working the way it used to in recent versions.  Most recently in 4.5.00(CUDA)(GL64) on my Win 7 laptop.  Instead of staying fixed.  It seems to reset to where ever the cursor is last over top of geo.  It used to be if I set it to something like the finger using my hotkey, it would stay there until I set it to something else.  But now once I release the cursor after rotating, the pivot drags across the geo and then changes to the latest place that the cursor was over the geo.

I think it's a bug. I haven't tested the DX or non Cuda versions though.

Please send me object to support@3d-coat.com because usually it does not happen even with multi uv objects.

Do you use latest version?

I just sent you the email with the files. 

Bests 

Hello, not to post only bugs (I know that is what this topic is about) I would like to show how amazing results I got with this new 3D Coat in a really fast way.

I did this character for a class at Gnomon School at the begining of the year, and the platform and it armor was 100% in the new 3D Coat 4.5

This is a real-time rendering in Unity 5 with also PBR, the amount of texture edition was minimum and the results were awesome, this was my first time using the new PBR and smart material from 3D Coat 4.5.

• Like 6