3DCoat Forums

4.5.0.7 cannot start because "OpenCL.dll is missing" - Reinstalled 0.6 and it still works fine

Maybe I should mention I'm on Windows 10 final release. I've not had any previous problems with 3D-Coat in the the past months with Windows 10 though.

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

Works fine here as well.

Thank you very much for the hard work.

OMG the speed is phenomenal!!!! 

I set big priory for Mac/Linux build and personally asked to make it asap, but making this build is not trivial task because OpenCL introduced.

I hope it happens this week.

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

I'm using the Nvidia GTX 970 with up to date drivers. I installed the .dll's you placed in the Google Drive and now I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I also tried all 4 versions of 3D-Coat DX/GL etc.

Tomorrow I'll try the new build on a Windows 8.1 machine and probably confirm that it's working fine there. For what it's worth my copy of Windows 10 is build 10240 - the Release To Manufacturing copy.

Edited by unity2k

I'm using the Nvidia GTX 970 with up to date drivers. I installed the .dll's you placed in the Google Drive and now I have this error: "The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I also tried all 4 versions of 3D-Coat DX/GL etc.

Delete DLL form install folder.

Now check folder

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL\"

Are there DLL-s?

If you have up-to-date drivers it should be there.

Delete DLL form install folder.

Now check folder

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL\"

Are there DLL-s?

If you have up-to-date drivers it should be there.

The .dll's were there, but twice the size of the one's you uploaded to Google Drive so I moved those and replaced them with your smaller .dll's and tried to run 3D-Coat again, same error of missing OpenCL.dll.

Tried going to 1080p resolution thinking maybe my 4K display had something to do with it, no help.

Edited by unity2k

On my side OpenCL AO In vertex paint mode do not work, result is a 100% white layer.

edit: on 3Dcoat start up mannequin it works fine,maybe it has to do with my file. I will investigate more...

I am having issues with paint.

Bucket creates a mess , it paints in no layer (ignores layers) etc etc.

Uni-stalled , installed and everything works fine.

same here

//edit

I'm running the latest one Nvidia 353.30

Strange. Maybe it's some driver issue? I'm currently running on 344.48, and OpenCL AO calculations are OK. I'm trying to stay away from newer NVidia drivers as all they bring is trouble.

post-12523-0-41498300-1437342764_thumb.j

Edited by ajz3d

Strange. Maybe it's some driver issue? I'm currently running on 344.48, and OpenCL AO calculations are OK. I'm trying to stay away from newer NVidia drivers as all they bring is trouble.

attachicon.gifOpenCL_AO_robot.jpg

I'm running the latest one Nvidia 353.30

Can you try reverting to driver version that I posted? If it doesn't help, at least we could eliminate the problem with drivers, and you can always return to 353.30.

Edited by ajz3d

In my continuing attempts to resolve the OpenCL.dll issue I've completely removed everything of 3D-Coat. Reinstalled. Tried the two version of OpenCl.DLL from NVidia and what Andrew uploaded by placing them in NVidia's directory and directly in 3D-Coat's.

Again, version 4.5.0.6 works fine, 4.5.0.7 throws the error finding the .dll.

Can you try reverting to driver version that I posted? If it doesn't help, at least we could eliminate the problem with drivers, and you can always return to 353.30.

Problems is, I just re-installed 353. again and it moved all my icons around, It takes me about 10min to re-arrange them like I want, and having to bounce around between different drives is just too much hassle. It should work with NVidia's latest drivers...period

attachicon.gifOpenCL_AO_robot.jpg

@Ajz3d I considered your recommendation to this other user regarding the drivers and I resolved my issue with not finding the OpenCL.dll driver.

@Andrew, reverting to NVidia driver version 352.84 my issue in not being able to run 4.5.0.7 due to the OpenCL.dll driver has been fixed.

Problems is, I just re-installed 353. again and it moved all my icons around, It takes me about 10min to re-arrange them like I want, and having to bounce around between different drives is just too much hassle. It should work with NVidia's latest drivers...period

I understand. The problem is, that NVidia GeForce drivers are mostly updated for certain AAA game titles - to squeeze more frames out of them or to fix some bugs. And because the drivers are complex, it often results in bugs in other areas.

A short story. Several months ago I had a problem with one GPU accelerated COP node in Houdini. SESI support suggested to update to the newest drivers (350.12 at the time). I did it, but it broke Houdini's viewport making it impossible to work with it any more. I should have reverted back to my old 340.52 drivers that worked with all 3D programs without any issues, but somehow I ended up with 344.48 (I think I thought that they'll be faster), which of course introduced some other problems with the OpenGL viewport (not that severe as those caused by 350.12). Anyway I'm planning to go back to 340.52 and stick with them as long as possible. They're probably the most trouble free drivers available for us.

P.S. http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-what-are-your-opinions-on-dx12vulkanmantle/#entry5215019

Edited by ajz3d

I understand. The problem is, that NVidia GeForce drivers are mostly updated for certain AAA game titles - to squeeze more frames out of them or to fix some bugs. And because the drivers are complex, it often results in bugs in other areas.

A short story. Several months ago I had a problem with one GPU accelerated COP node in Houdini. SESI support suggested to update to the newest drivers (350.12 at the time). I did it, but it broke Houdini's viewport making it impossible to work with it any more. I should have reverted back to my old 340.52 drivers that worked with all 3D programs without any issues, but somehow I ended up with 344.48 (I think I thought that they'll be faster), which of course introduced some other problems with the OpenGL viewport (not that severe as those caused by 350.12). Anyway I'm planning to go back to 340.52 and stick with them as long as possible. They're probably the most trouble free drivers available for us.

P.S. http://www.gamedev.net/topic/666419-what-are-your-opinions-on-dx12vulkanmantle/#entry5215019

I tried everything I could think of. deleting all the config files in the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.5 directory. Same problem. Clean install of the newest NVidia driver. Then the one you were using. It's been a waste of about an hour, chasing down a solution