3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

I usually delete the folder from my documents and re install.

You just cant imagine how many times i did this (if i say maybe 100 + no one will believe me)

• Like 1

Thanks Michael, I'll follow your advice.

I can imagine what you had to go through with your material packs. ;)

• Like 1

Its not the packages  :paint2:  ;)  that drove me nuts (ok they did too ahahahahaha )  , it happened a couple dozen times lol in commercial projects on the delivery days and while i had to do minor painting corrections... AND I COULDN'T with out the materials ahahahahahahahahahaa

But not complaining at all , i know Andrew will fix this

• Like 1

Do I need to reinstall the materials now or is there some way to get them back?

I know this doesn't help after the fact, but always back up your smart materials (and everything else you make), before deleting a folder or even an individual material, brush, etc.. That way when you delete something, you can just reinstall it. I know it's also a huge pain in the butt. So hopefully it'll get fixed. I just wish it was soon. I know we have been dealing with this issue for months now. :o

I usually delete the folder from my documents and re install.

You just cant imagine how many times i did this (if i say maybe 100 + no one will believe me)

I totally believe you. :) I've got a lot of smart materials I want to share, but it is so time consuming to export a single material at the moment (you've got to import an entire back up if you have them already, then delete all the others you don't want from the folder, causing the shit storm mentioned above), that it's not worth the time or effort. Which is too bad.

• Like 1

Exactly that Javis.

So many times i want to remove materials that are costumer / firm related and i cant sell and i always do the exact same mistake..... BOOOMMM there goes all the materials deleted or randomly placed to other folders lol. 

I believe issue has to do with the gui id and the position coordinates of each material and its icon.

• Like 1

On new beta 25 that i first must congrats you all guys , in the extrude face commands you need to set it free.

Meaning ,

now we extrude and with enter we extrude again. Perfect.

But we cant choose another polygon / face and extrude this on and so on ,  we must finish the command , select new face and pick extrude again..

Setting this free will get us  one step closer to low poly modelling in 3d coat.

4.5.25 [beta]

- problem of loosing PBR materials probably fixed, but anyway requires careful checking.

- Edge loops with SHIFT + click in retopo/select/edges mode

- 3D spline points from E-panel may be transformed by gizmo and re-snapped to surface using "Attach to surface" without flattening.

- The problem of painting over mirrored islands at least partially resolved. Now there is option in preferences "Prevent double painting over stacked UV islands". See description there. 90% of cases require this option to be turned off.

- Resolved little scripting issue - 3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=2056

- Cancel in Smart materials editor will remove only completely empty materials (they appear if you press + button). Previously condition for removing was less strict.

- If you you are in 3D selection E-mode, loading spline will not switch you to 2D spline mode. Transforming 3D spline with gizmo is also allowed.

- If you bake multiple times same scene again and again, 3D-Coat asks if results of previous baking shouls be deleted.

- Re-organised retopo commands a bit - separated commands applicable to currect tool and to whole mesh.

- Free extrude command in select/edges retopo toolset

- Group # instad of Layer # for default names for paint groups.

- In retopo->edges->tranform ENTER will commit extrusion as well as in faces mode.

- Selection retopo transform gizmo got "Auto in local cpace" checkbox.

- Retopo/transform tool works correctly also in case when elements selected from both sides.

- ENTER in retopo transform/extrude tools will commit extrusion.

- More safe moving materials to other folders

- Rename material folder corrected

- fixed problem of spline stroke that may work incorrectly over transformed volumes.

• Like 2

I was looking forward to the next update after .23 in the hopes that with the drag / drop of images to the various texture slots for smart materials would have had that issue with requiring the use of Alt-Tab for it to work to be eliminated since it was discovered to be what the problem was.

Now when I attempt to drop an image over the Smart Material color slot Alt-Tab or not, the cursor remains an X and it appears drag / dorp is no longer supported at all??  What happened?

-Will

Edited by WillBellJr

Works fine here Will.

Unistall and re install my friend.

Tom is correct.

Split tool is missing.

Object > Split is working fine here

post-10142-0-01119300-1450147404_thumb.j

• Like 1

Object > Split is working fine here

Split Tool is present and working in my beta version 4.5.25 64 bit non-cuda... OpenGL and DX.

Voxel and surface mode...

Ah, the old happening for some users and not others, always a tough nut to crack. 

EDIT: I do not use the icons but text in the left toolbar... Maybe a icon problem? 

Split also appears in the space bar popup menu...

A big thank for the warning message about removing the duplicate mesh in the paint room before re-baking...  :D

I might suggest this phase "Remove Duplicate from Paint Room" for the sake of clarity.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Missing split tool in voxel, its in surface. DX ,GL and  and associated Cuda

Edited by Britain
  • Like 1

Regarding Split - my fault, I was separating beta tools and stable tols and missed it. Two tools are missing - Split and Fit.

Use Edit->Prefs->Show beta tools (check) and reboot coat.

I will reupload Coat to fix it by default.

• Like 1

Now i see why Don put the O BOY image!!!

New retopo tools!!!! after enabling the the beta tools!!!!! as Andrew suggested. 

Another big thank you for the below... Andrew you the Man!

1. Free extrude command in select/edges retopo toolset
 2. In retopo->edges->tranform ENTER will commit extrusion as well as in faces mode.

Regarding the second feature, I can extrude with the transform tool either edges or faces, press enter, then just rinse and repeat to keep extruding new polygons...  :drinks:

Edited by digman

Yeah , figured this out but still extremely excited to have them.

Its there.

Kindly unistall and install if you dont see it at all.

Don't believe I've ever uninstalled / reinstalled these updates before, but if that fixes it, so be it...

As a side note, before 3DC "when PBR", there used to be 2 "rock" materials (they were "spotted gray & brown"), I no longer see those materials now - I used to use them when creating asteroids for my game.

Is there a way to recover those, I used to depend on them a lot, for example:

Asteroid11.3b.jpg

-Will

• Like 1