3DCoat Forums

[Solved] anything like GoZ for 3dcoat ? Using modo

metrons

Go to solution Solved by Javis,

• 6 years later...

Holy shit. I've always missed a GoZ option for 3D-Coat. But those applink actually do exactly that.

Applinks are just invisible in the Download page. I looked for a bridge solution a few times and never saw that thread or anything about applink before. It's freakin' useful. This is freakin' great and certainly not advertised enough on 3Dcoat.com Download page. 

This Applink info should be pushed WAY more on 3D-Coat's Downloads Page, with a clear infography, with apps icons, so that people understand in a fraction what it's for. "Applink, even if the word is well chosen, never meant much to me. I barely ever saw it. 

A bridge between 3D-Coat and other apps is ultra useful. I've been needing that for 5 years and none of the 80+ artists in my Studio ever heard about "Applink".

Damn... Years going through fbx or obj export + scale issues between apps when Applink would have solved a lot of that in 1 click. 

Cool anyway. Thanks Javis. Ask to update the download page with a way more visible "Applink" bridge section on the main download page. 3D Apps are like LEGO. If they fit together, Pro Studios insert them in their workflows. Applink is the bridge between apps. Showing that in Download page means (probably) selling more 3DCoat to Pro Studios. Bad marketing here ;)

Cheers. 

EDIT All right... forget what I wrote, the development of Applink has been abandonned for years. Even though it's still on the Download page : Applink for ... ZBrush x86 v.4.

Seriously ? Situation's way worse than I thought.

Edited by hansolocambo@gmail.com