3DCoat Forums

Forger, sculpting app for the IPad

digman

• Reputable Contributor

The app has been mentioned before but a heads up if you do not already know this, it now has subdivision levels. Your amount of polygons of course is limited. I can go up to about a 100,000 polygons. I have an IPAD Air with one gig of  ram, the Air 2 has 2 gig so could go higher in polygons.

It is a good app for practicing on things like hands, noses, feet and eyes or things of that nature plus getting some base ideas down when you are just sitting in your living room, flying or just about anytime you are out and about...

And of course there is the 123D creature which is alot like the skin modifier in Blender.

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

I hope the developer includes support for the Creative Stylus 2 in the next update. I can make it up 200'000 polygons in my test today by being smart with my memory management.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that the 123D Creature app has had a rather excellent update (it's now called 123D Sculpt+). 

I've had a quick play with it and it is really good. Perfect for starting a sculpt whilst on the move, then exporting as .obj 3D Coat. Dare I use the word 'workflow'?

Update information from the app store below.

What's New in Version 2.0

Welcome to 123D Sculpt+!

Thank you to the amazing community of artists who have made 123D Creature what it is today! With this update we are excited to introduce our biggest update to date! Along with a beautiful new interface comes a ton of amazing content, features and other goodies for you to play with including a new name: 123D Sculpt+.

New features include:

• All new starting forms including skeletons, base shapes and fully textured example sculptures

Tons of new inspiration for your sculptures including many skeletal starting points, fully sculpted models and finished sculptures ready for posing in our brand new pose tool!

• Brand new color picker with scrolling favorites

The 3D paint tool now has a persistent color picker including favorites and presets you can scroll through during painting

• Pose tool

Create posable joints on your sculptures to achieve models previously not possible. You can setup your sculptures as digital puppets for even more creative possibilities.

• Photorealistic Materials

From Chrome to clay you can now take your sculptures to a whole new visual level by combining textures, paint and shininess.

• Brand new texture brushes

Add surface detail using color texture brushes available in the paint room

• Updated Backgrounds and light rigs

Many new preset backgrounds for showing off your sculptures and as always you can import your own from your camera roll or directly from your device camera.

• Enhanced Pixlr Filters

Brand new photo filters to stylize your images.

• 3D community previews

You can now preview sculptures on the community in full 3D without needing to download them into your library.