3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Per-Pixel / Non Smooth Mesh View

Laticis

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Is there a way in Per Pixel Painting to always view your mesh without anything smoothing. ( Please see attached )

1. is how the object appears normally. (because it is triangulated some visual artifacts will show but thankfully do not apply to the maps.)

2. Is with VIEW: Wireframe and Low Poly turned on. (low poly does seem to effect the objects appearance )

3. Is the objects appearance while the stamp mode is above it and brushes outside of the preview pane.

4. Is the objects appearance while the stamp mode - textured filled.

Basically I want to be able to work on my objects how they appear in 3 & 4 - am I missing something ?

Cheers Laticis

post-2581-0-16924500-1420589992_thumb.jp

Edited by Laticis

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

I was unsure of the smoothing you are talking about so here are both ways.

Importing to the paint room.

3DCoat by default sets the smoothing groups to your object to 90 degrees when importing objects to the paint room or baking from the retopo room.

In the import panel, choose auto-smoothing groups and set it to the degrees so desired. Start at 30 and then change it if necessary.

The other is texture filter smoothing.

Under the View menu turn off Turn off Linear Texture Filtering. No filtering at all, pixels will clearly be seen.

Note: 3DCoat does support smoothing groups from other software with out using the auto-smoothing groups feature.

I can import a wings3d exported obj file with smoothing groups into the paint room and 3DC imports it correctly...

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

What an awesome reply Digman, thank you very much.

Your first option is exactly what I have been searching for....the one little thing that has been niggling me for so long is now out the way....woo hoo.

Very much appreciated mate :)

Cheers