3DCoat Forums
Taros

Taros doodles

die Muskeln des Zentaurs gefallen mir sehr gut! Sieht super aus. Nur etwas an der Nase st?rt mich, ich kann noch nicht mal genau sagen was <_<

Der Gorilla rockt auch :blink:

Danke. Bin noch dran. Wenn Du willst, in unserem Forum in D kannst Du auch in Deutsch kommentieren. -> German WIP Thread.

I call this race "Windrunner", and this one will be used for a still image, so I have all the freedom to texture him later.

I am pleased with the charakter, so far.

There is a lot of work to do for this project. I will optimise the face later. I plan to finish the charakter pose for the later image, first. After this part I will model the base models for his opponents... Then I will cloth the Windrunner with some armor and give him some light weapons. :) A long way.

Today I've made only a few modifications. And I tried a fast export out of 3DC into softimage, which is the 3d application, that I am using in first case.

But it was only a small side trip into softimage, today. From now I will continue the model in 3DCoat.

The next step is the basement for the scene and the pose of the windrunner charakter. I am not shure, which of both tasks I will begin first... after that I will start with the opponents.

I will start with the main model details, after everything is in the right place.

Be creative

Chris

windrunner_softimage01.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good. The only thing is his front legs. They carry almost all his weight so they may look a little bit too small. Maybe it's just my eyes... But overall this is great and will be cover page picture when you finish this.

Thanx. Yes I do.

My next steps:

1. Action-Pose for the windrunner (main character)

2. Underground for the final image

3. Skulpting the opponents

4. Poses for the opponents

5. Bodydetails for all

6. Armor/Cloth/Items for the windrunner

7. Armor/Cloth/Items for the opponents

8. Some adequate weapons for all

9. Retopo all objects (optional. Depends how good I can use automatic UVW-mode of 3DC)

10. Paint textures

11. Set materials in softimage

12. Set fur (softimage hair)

13. paint image background (Clouds, Wood etc., I will decide the content later.)

14. Lighting in softimage

15. Set render passes

16. Rendern all passes (finally!)

17. Compositing

18. Get fame and critique... (optional and not gueranteed...) ;)

Be creative

Chris

Hi folks.

I continued my work on the windrunner.

I began to skulpt the face expression and the teeth.

One problem makes it hard to stay flexible: Currently, it is not possible to pose multiple voxel layers. I hope this will be possible in one of the future 3DC updates. It would be great and help to stay flexible while skulpting. I must be very careful, currently.

That's all for now. Has not much time today.

Regards

Chris

post-955-1247073695_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It is really hard to pose something. The pose tool functionality is half-baked, so far. When selecting such a big object like mine, the application getting very slow. I've tried to select the half body. After finished the selection, I turned the object. But then, I've seen that the selection was not perfect and pressed undo, to unselect some parts. But after a mouseclick the tool began a new selection... really terrible.

Then it is not possible to use the tablet pen sensivity for selecting. It have no effect.

I've stopped my project and hope for anhancements.

:(

Regards

Chris

I found a solution for my problems:

I will export my 3DC-object into softimage and rig it there and make the right pose. Then I will reimport it as a voxel object to sculpt details.

I have made some tests and the results are very good.

So, let's see.

Regards

Chris

I found a solution for my problems:

I will export my 3DC-object into softimage and rig it there and make the right pose. Then I will reimport it as a voxel object to sculpt details.

I have made some tests and the results are very good.

So, let's see.

Regards

Chris

Nice. XSI user myself. Notice how with fond memory i still call it XSI LOL.

Nice. XSI user myself. Notice how with fond memory i still call it XSI LOL.

Yes, that's really funny. The same happens to me, when I am writing or speaking about XSI. Very often I say "XSI" and not softimage... :drinks:

A very small update. Used some time this morning to begin with the final pose. Used posetool in 3DC, so far.

Be creative

Chris

post-955-1247813605_thumb.jpg

Maybe you could add some explicit action to make it more expressive?

I've wrote it: I "began" to pose him. The figure is far from ready, believe me... ;)

A small info, because I am so happy about it: Today I switched from a Core2Duo 2.4 GHz CPU to a Q6700 2,6 GHz. And it is really cooool! :good2:

Congratulations! :)

Centaur very nice! Maybe you should wear something like bow, quiver and a shoulder strap on him? It would be great!

Congratulations! :)

Centaur very nice! Maybe you should wear something like bow, quiver and a shoulder strap on him? It would be great!

Thanx Tinker. I am on the way. I plan more then this, but this means: There is a lot of work in front of me. And the last pose is not final. :)

Hi Chris,

Looking at your centaur for a little while and have a little advice on the pose to maybe stop him looking so rigid, Try and carry the the arm pose down into the torso further , Pulling back of the shoulders does not seems to affect the pectoral at all, Maybe try string the twristing motion further down the creatures body, and bring that twist down into the legs the legs have no dynamic currently and that makes him look very symetrical, I know its a pain woth the pose tool like it is, Awith all the hand touch up. Please continue though Nice character. :D

Hi Chris,

Looking at your centaur for a little while and have a little advice on the pose to maybe stop him looking so rigid, Try and carry the the arm pose down into the torso further , Pulling back of the shoulders does not seems to affect the pectoral at all, Maybe try string the twristing motion further down the creatures body, and bring that twist down into the legs the legs have no dynamic currently and that makes him look very symetrical, I know its a pain woth the pose tool like it is, Awith all the hand touch up. Please continue though Nice character. :D

"Unfortunately" I have some important jobs to do, currently. As soon as I've more time I will continue with the project. I've made some adjustemets already, but they are not yet finished. Thank you for the proposals.

Following a wip status. Still much to rigid. (As described: Really(!) not yet finished.) :)

Be creative

Chris

post-955-1248774322_thumb.jpg

I think the weight would feel better shifted to the other front leg.

I think the weight would feel better shifted to the other front leg.

I have a exactly imagination of the final pose. And this one is "far" away from the final. :) So please be patient, the final result should (nearly)everyone like. ;)

All that I can say is: The final one will be more dramatic, the character will stay on his hind legs and give the feeling of a defensive, strong action pose. This is my plan... the biggest problem are the posing tools in 3DC and I am switching in mind, between the question: posing in 3DC or in softimage?

The problem is, posing needs a plan in mind or on paper. And this one have no paper plan... so I need a possibility to "try poses", actually. But 3DC currently gives no possibilities to try poses. :(

I have the feeling, at the end I must draw a scetch with very basic details for the whole scene to plan the poses and the positions.

I really like this sculpt. Nice work Taros! I can't wait to see the final pose you come up with. :good:

As for testing poses, you could always save out new files for each pose. Then you always have the default to revert back to.

A short experiment: Done in 20 minutes (I looked on the clock...)

:)

Painted the shiluettes first, and then used them in 3DC.

Without the sketch tool, impossible in this short time. That is what I call "speedculpting"... ;)

post-955-1248956924_thumb.jpg

post-955-1248956929_thumb.jpg