3DCoat Forums

How to prevent uv maps merging together?

Upon Infinity

Hi,

I have a new problem now.  I was able to successfully autopo and bake 3 separate vocal layers into the paint room, each with its own uv map.  But on the fouth the maps merge together for some reason.  Anyone know why?

I did the same thing for all instances.  Also, all objects are on their own layer.

post-38115-0-86173500-1422501069_thumb.j

Edited by Upon Infinity

Yes, they had their own set.  The only thing I did before the autopo was to disable the other objects.  I didn't do anything in the retop room.  I don't think I did anything differently, although I seem to have solved the problem.  I think it may have been my deleting the 'excess' objects in the paint room.  Once an object is baked, it seems that it produces extra objects in the paint room.  Once disabled, these objects don't change anything, so I thought removing them wouldn't be of any harm.  Now, I'm thinking they are there for a purpose.  I haven't confirmed this;  I'm just speculating as that was one thing I did that I didn't do the last time.  I do have the uvs working properly now.  This isn't the first time I had this problem though, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong.

• Contributor

Not sure if i see it correctly on you image, but you have the UV-set ...mesh1 active.

And you have run autopo at Quadmesh4. It sounds to me you dont have set your uvset to mesh4.

If UV-set mesh1 is active the both Quadmesh1 and Quadmesh4 gets merged into the same uv set.

Please try it again with the correct UV-Set.