3DCoat Forums

packing UV/textures to one texture map

worldcrafter

Go to solution Solved by digman,

• Contributor

Hi

Is there a way i can pack the uvs and textures of multiple models and texture maps into one texture map? (within 3DC)

if not, could someone suggest a program that can? (price doesn't matter)

In Retopo or UV room, you can select and drag components from one UV map to another,

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

First, you did not give very much information on your workflow... This information is vital on giving you a correct answer. 3DC is a powerful application handling many types of workflows.

Are you in the Paint Room and you imported a model file that has sub-objects, or you merged / imported several model files into the paint room.

Did Import your models into surface mode or voxel, then import the model files as retopo meshes in the retopo room. Do the texture images you talk about include normal maps... You can screw up your shading of your normal maps if you do not use the correct method if are you letting 3DC rearrange the uv islands on the new single uv set or if you are manually doing it yourself, there are certain rules to follow here.

Since I do not have much information, Look at this video by AbnRanger on using Multiple uv sets. He also shows how to create multiple uv sets and move uv islands between. It will give you the understanding of how 3DCoat handles uv sets. 

You then can create a new uv set, move all the islands from the separate models to that uv set and then delete the unused uv sets... I have done this myself a number of times to create Texture Atlases...

Depending upon your workflow this can be done in the retopo room or uv room.

In the future please give, your version of 3DC you are using and more details on your workflow, It does help a lot...

Edited by digman