3DCoat Forums

Sticky hotkeys don't work well !

Go to solution Solved by coverman,

• Advanced Member

Please!!! is there a way to disable the sticky hotkeys functionality?

The switch between a key and another is delayed (one second) and also sometime works and sometime not.

At this point I think it would be much easier to have the possibility to disable all sticky keys.

My computer is windows-64bit - I7 CPU - RAM 6g.

I was having the same problem.

I read help manual and it is written like this.

Sticky keys does not work with Stacked Keys.

So I export my hotkeys from [Edit] - [save hotkeys].

Open it with text editor, replace all

<AllowStack>false</AllowStack>

to

<AllowStack>true</AllowStack>

And reimport.

I was released from that problem. :)

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Thank you! ..but I tried and it does not work :(

I did this: open my file.hotkeys with windows notepad and I replaced all  <AllowStack>false</AllowStack> to <AllowStack>true</AllowStack>. Then I saved and close notepad.

Then I reimport file.hotkeys in 3dCoat. But it seems nothing changes

• Advanced Member

Don't work.

Yes, I already costum my hotkey.

Now I replaced all <UserDefined>1</UserDefined> to <UserDefined>0</UserDefined> but dont works.

The sticky keys are always present, and the delay between a key and the other is increased.
I also noticed a new issue
but I do not know if it is related to the first problem: when i use any brushes I see noise line on object.

2daak9g.png

Should I try to reset hotkeys in preferences? :huh:

Edited by rubeos

• Solution

I think all cause of Sticky keys problem is in hotkey setting.

Hotkey XML is delicate but simple, so I think It is graphic draw lag or somthing like that.

The problem you face, is cased at simple New scene?

At least, you would be better to set these settings.

・[View]-[ReliefOnly] select

・[Geometry]-[CastaShadow] Off

・[Geometry]-[incrementalRender] Off

Advice form me is all...

Rubeos,

I have the exact same problem...its actually linked to a specific file I was working on...so I reinstalled 3d coat,..but if I reopen the problematic file,...it reverts to that annoying sticky key thing, and yes the time between each brush switch becomes longer and longer...this is an error,..just something 3d coat can run into...save out u're presets and hotkeys,..reinstall, reload u're hotkeys and presets and stay away from that problematic file; right now I have to finish my problem file in zbrush,..seems that even dynameshing it, zremeshing it, decimating it, and bringing it back in still breaks the hotkeys in 3d coat....i hope this gets fixed permanently at some point!

-j

You have to delete your 3d coat folders...delete the one in your program files directory and delete the 3d coat folder in your my documents (you may want to backup a duplicate)...try that...I do agree, its an annoying problem...and if I reopen that suspect file...its back again i go to reinstalling...

• Advanced Member

You have to delete your 3d coat folders...delete the one in your program files directory and delete the 3d coat folder in your my documents (you may want to backup a duplicate)...try that...I do agree, its an annoying problem...and if I reopen that suspect file...its back again i go to reinstalling...

Thank you very much for the advice. It is very useful, the delay between the brushes is fixed at 90% , even if it persists a little longer.

However appeared other problems, I do not know if they are related to that of the hotkeys, but below I will try to describe a little.

• Advanced Member

Thanks from me too.

I would add what happened to me after reinstalling, some informations, in connection with the problem of sticky keys, perhaps it can be useful ... I hope to explain with my English.

1-confusion between a brush and the other: for example,  ''liveclay'' once has alphas and another time becomes ''crease clay''. The button ''liveclay'' is activated (orange color) but the alphas, and also some other parameters change.

2-sticky keys sometimes work and sometimes not. Example: sometimes I press the key corresponding to a brush, but it seem dead.

3-slight delay between a brush and the other (partially solved after 3DCoat uninstall/reinstall)

4-in this version of 3DCoat (4.5.BETA12) I seem to notice an increased use of CPU  (i-7) constantly on 20% when using brushes, even at low resolution mesh.

5-yesterday I found delay problems while I was quickly using simple a brush, then resolved deselect 'geometry/use cuda'.

Today, even with 'use cuda on' that problem is disappeared, for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this occurs in all versions of 3Dcoat 64: DX, GL, CUDA DX and GL.

I don't know if all this depend on my computer or 3DCoat, but it seems to me that with the previous versions did not have these problems. :unsure:

I installed the last two versions of 3Dcoat recently, after that was about a year since not used it (4.1.17)

Edited by rubeos