3DCoat Forums

Breaking mesh related to brushes

Go to solution Solved by rubeos,

• Advanced Member

I found several serious problems, especially concerning the brushes, perhaps related to the others that I had already reported here: http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17388

1-I customized some brushes in presets menu, but these do not have the icon, there are not colored orange when are actived and sometimes not turn on.

2- often, when I click ON my custom brushes (but sometimes even other brushes) it seems to me, the mesh immediately presents flaws (like in the three screenshots below) .... even I don't touch the model with the brush, just that I actived brushs from preset menu or from the sidebar.

9qw8w0.jpg

14m85sk.jpg

2ljsy89.jpg

3-  brushes sometimes go in spurts or slowed down on the surface of the model.

4- Finally, It 's normal that my liveclay brush, at the opening, by default, is like in screenshot, after the first re-installation? with ''Invert tool'' ON, and that kind of alpha as you can see to the right of picture (usually is not an alpha used for the clay) :unsure:

1jqbgw.jpg

Edited by rubeos

• Advanced Member

Maybe I understand the problem breaking through the net, for now : I deleted all the custom brushes and the model no longer has presented those problems yet.

But there are other problems for me:

-problems with symmetry: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: when I switch between from brush and another the simmetry plane inexplicably moves from the center of the object to right, although if I have first clicked 'store simmetry' and 'upload presets' in all brushes presets menu
while the symmetry is to on.

And other little messy things about the symmetry ...too hard to describe.

142476990528.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi,

last beta version, cuda 64, GL and GX.

In version 4.1 basically seems to me that I had none of these problems.

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I also noticed another issue related to the brushes, I tried to solve it by using various realated parameters but did not succeed.

The stroke mode 'radius & depth' pressure dont'work well, the stroke of the brush is inconstant when I decrease the pressure of the pen, and is difficult to control, and produces that effect you see in screenshot.

142478183008.jpg

Edited by rubeos

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
  • Solution

HI,

last beta version, cuda 64, GL and GX.

Now I installed the version 4.5.BETA13 and many problems described above are gone, for now :) (although not entirely solved). I do not know if Andrew has read this post and correct them, anyway Thank you.