3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Vox hide bugs

Ratchet

• Advanced Member

Hi,

On a voxel model A if i use Vox Hide , than i choose separate Hidden part, that make object B.

Then on object A sometimes with extrude on some parts the objects show some parts of hidden separated geometry.

bugg.jpg

If i increase resolution on Object A , it becomes like it was before using Voxel Hide.

bugg2.jpg

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, new user to this forum. I just downloaded and installed 3d coat V4.8, this bug still exists in the same from shown above.... what's the best way to act/report this so developers would fix it....??

many thanks and cheers

Hi !, it's not bugged or anything don't worry.

You actually did NOT "cut out" anything from the original layer, where everything still exist, yes. So, when you did 'Objectify Hidden', a new layer with a _copy_ of the hidden was just pasted in, rather than a cut/paste equivalent, as everybody instinctively assume when first using vox hide (I swear, everyone make the same assumption, I did too at first ;) ).

So, after you get your objectified_new_part, mouseover the original layer, press 'h' to select it easily, and then go back to the geometry menu to use 'delete hidden'. You can then check, by using 'unhide all' that it worked as intended.

• Like 1

well thanks a lot!!! actually, this is kinda stupid , cause I have been using 3d coat for a couple versions back now, and up until now I thought this is a bug that still was not fixed... XD
But now it kinda makes sense, though I would never suspect it to be working this way... XDXD

again thanks a bunch Carlosan!!!