3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Whole mesh black after baking

Fafnir_90

Go to solution Solved by AbnRanger,

I've ran into this problem several times, both on the stable release and on the 4.5 Beta. After baking and moving over to the paint room the whole mesh is completely black and can't be painted on, along with the normal maps also being completely blank. When I hide the ambient occlusion layer it can be painted on, but it looks terrible since there's no normal map on it.

The baking shells for both inner and outer have been fine and I've found the only way to get around this is by uninstalling 3DC and installing it again. But it's becoming a pretty regular thing and it's a bit irritating having to keep doing that.

This also seems to happen at random times, if I'm breaking a model up into pieces, like body and clothes, the first one works perfectly fine and then when I go to start painting the second after retopo it ends up like this while the first still looks fine in the paint room.

Does that happen to anyone else and is there a better way of sorting it out rather than the method I'm using?

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Whole mesh black after baking