3DCoat Forums

how to "move", "rotate" and "scale" a object

liyuchang

Go to solution Solved by arumiat,

this is a simple quesiton but it really drives me crazy! I was shifted from maya for some reasons. In maya it is really easy to do these stuffs by just holding down W E R, but in 3D COAT I couldn't see any tool and key for this. Could you tell me how to "move", "rotate" and "scale" a object in a scene if I got multiple objects.

• Advanced Member

It sounds like these objects are on the same layer. When you bring objects into the scene you want to manipulate independently place them on a new layer.

post-38412-0-55170100-1427102039_thumb.j

If you want to split the objects in your current scene an option is to use the 'split' tool

post-38412-0-67577200-1427102052_thumb.j

Hope that helps

It sounds like these objects are on the same layer. When you bring objects into the scene you want to manipulate independently place them on a new layer.

attachicon.gifCapture3.JPG

If you want to split the objects in your current scene an option is to use the 'split' tool

attachicon.gifCapture4.JPG

Hope that helps

Thanks for your information. could you pls tell me how to assign current objects to a new layer? assume that there are two objects in the same layer, i would like to move one of the object to another layer in order to move that object.