3DCoat Forums

Pastel retopo and UV palette + subtler checkers (80-100% amb.)

ajz3d

• Contributor

I thought I'd share my retopo colour palette. It is meant to be used with 75-100% ambient light setting inside Retopo and UV rooms. The colours should be much less aggressive and not as tiring to eyes as the default palette. Use lower ambient light values for more emphasized shading, but generally you shouldn't go below 70%, or the colours will start to look ugly.

I also subtly reduced the contrast of simple and complex checkers to better blend in with the new palette.

post-12523-0-52197000-1427067038_thumb.j

To install, overwrite Retopo.aco file from the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV4 with Retopo.aco file from the archive.

Copy checker1.tga and checker2.tga files from the archive to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV4\textures.

Restart 3D-Coat.

Download: pastel_retopo_uv_palette.zip

• Like 3

• Reputable Contributor

I thought I'd share my retopo colour palette. It is meant to be used with 75-100% ambient light setting inside Retopo and UV rooms. The colours should be much less aggressive and not as tiring to eyes as the default palette. Use lower ambient light values for more emphasized shading, but generally you shouldn't go below 70%, or the colours will start to look ugly.

I also subtly reduced the contrast of simple and complex checkers to better blend in with the new palette.

attachicon.gifpastels.jpg

To install, overwrite Retopo.aco file from the %USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV4 with Retopo.aco file from the archive.

Copy checker1.tga and checker2.tga files from the archive to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV4\textures.

Restart 3D-Coat.

Download: attachicon.gifpastel_retopo_uv_palette.zip

Very nice. Thanks. You might email Andrew and ask him to make these the default scheme. It's much easier on the eyes, I think. :good:

• Like 1

• Contributor

I'm not sure how the algorithm that selects neighbouring colours works in 3D-Coat. Today I had a situation where two islands sharing the same seam received the same colour. I'm thinking of reworking the pallette a little bit to better differentiate the colours.

• 2 months later...
  • Contributor

A reworked colour palette with significantly reduced saturation. This should provide a better contrast with UV seams than my first palette.

Like with the original one, use with 80-100% ambient light. Installation instructions from my first post apply here as well.

post-12523-0-95018000-1433628144_thumb.j

Download: pastel_palette_low_saturation.zip

• Like 2