3DCoat Forums

[Solved] How can I hide the reference geometry in Retopo room ?

• Advanced Member

You could hide it from the vox tree by clicking the eye icon , or by clicking the sphere , you could make it transparent.

Thank you for answer but nothing happened in both cases. The reference model is still visible in viewport. I don't have any objects in VoxTree list. There is only Root layer.

Edited by Vipera

• Contributor

I would import reference to Sculpt room - with Import w/o voxelization and Import to separate instances options enabled.

I think it's much more flexible, because at any time you can convert parts of reference mesh to voxels, use booleans, decimate, etc. Generally speaking - you have all the tools from the sculpt room at your disposal in case retopologization of some parts of the reference mesh gets problematic.

You don't have this comfort when importing mesh as reference in the standard way.

• Reputable Contributor

From your first postings it appeared that you imported a reference mesh for retopology, You did not import into the Sculpt room.

If that was true, In the paint room under the paint objects tab you can hide the reference model.

More details of your workflow helps in answering questions.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

If you have to use a Reference mesh, then in the Retopo room go to WINDOWS menu > Popups > Paint Objects (used to be called Sub-Objects). Dock that wherever you wish and you should be able to toggle the visibility of it. Ajz3d is right, though. Importing the mesh into the Sculpt room (Surface mode) is the best way to work. Reference Mesh is really an old legacy feature that probably should be discontinued.