3DCoat Forums

CantGetBackToVoxel???

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Once i got this message when trying to switch to voxel. At once another layer - same, but another works fine

5 minutes ago it was be perfect. Also can't make resample for this layers. What's going on?

I am user 4.1.17d (CUDA), had 1,5 mil poligons, objects is quite simple.

Thanks!

Hi, Carlosan!

Seems i solved this problem. I don't know how exactly, but against problem layers i noticed small arrows. When i clicked this, the coat restore to earlyer state and i could do to switch to voxel, and to make resample. This message looks simple - "CantGetBackToVoxel' by one word and button OK.

Now i don't get this message, and don't know what i did)))

That not to create new thread i will add a small question here. I've one parent object and some sub objects in tree. I want to pose main object together sub object, otherwise i want to tilt a head with ears, eyes and etc together. How i can do that? I try to add objects in pose tool but they are posing separately.((

Thanks!!!!

I have one more  problem. Seems that's bug with shortcut. When i work with model i notice when i switch tools on keyboard it doesn't. More exact, it's switching but for 1 second and switching back. Tools are switching if i click two times at the same time. I try to restart 3d coat or PC but it doesn't help. ((  

Version 4.1.17D

UPD That is happing only with  Smooth tool and Draw tool. Computer struggling to switch that tools.
Edited by Alco3d

• Contributor

Do you switch the tools with a mouse or do you use a keyboard shortcut?

You probably have some commands stacked under the same hotkey. 3D-Coat introduced stacked keys a few versions ago to make it easier to switch between various tools that you would normally use one after another.

See what actions you invoke with your hotkey, look for them and delete the shortcuts.

If this doesn't help, back up your 3D-Coat preferences (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV4 on Windows) to some directory, delete the preferences directory, start 3D-Coat and see if the same happens with factory settings.

Edited by ajz3d

Thanks ajz3d for response!

I tried to back to default hotkeys in preference and tried to remove Options_Hotkeys.xml in the folder specified by you , but it doesn't work. ((( If i switch by mouse all be allright. Problems appear in shortcuts. I met with problem of stacks before but it looks another.

That problem appeared suddenly on work. I didn't change anything before. I was just working. ((

After reset to default the same  - struggles gennerally with Smooth tool.

Edited by Alco3d

I don't understand what happened. I just reinstalled and everything became ok. May be it was bug or i changed something in the presets, i don't know. When i switch between Smooth and other, it seems like 3d coat is remeshing or something like that, thinking for half a second and switching back. 0_0

Today i tried 4.5 beta15 . Very pleasant PBR. But when i try to export model with PBR to 3ds max, i recieve empty texture. When i try File/export to 3ds max i got .obj and many blank .png. When  i try File/Export object & texture - .obj and .mtl which i couldn't export to max. Also i try to export separately Textures and Layers but the same. After that to reinstal 3DC but nothing. ((

its working fine here...

do you followed the instructions for 4.5, right ?

1) Keep backups of scenes, presets and materials. Better - do backup of folder MyDocs/3D-CoatV4
For example, rename it MyDocs/3D-CoatV4 to MyDocs/3D-CoatV4_OLD, run beta, work there.
If you want to get back to 4.1.17D - rename or copy MyDocs/3D-CoatV4_OLD to MyDocs/3D-CoatV4

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone. 

Quick question. How can i export diffuse map with alpha channel? I can't find that option in export tool. I have a model with metal layers, and the old scratched paint on top. I want to export to 3dsmax paint layer as diffuse but metal areas as alpha of diffuse.

Thanks!

Edited by Alco3d

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone. I hav e two smqll question for you.

1)How can i disable Shift axis snapping of camera? That  make me crazy.((

2) When i switch between Smooth tool and other tools in Voxel room my 3DC rebuild mesh about 1 sec everytime. How can i disable that function? It slows down a workflow.((

Edited by Alco3d

• 3 months later...
  • Contributor

There is no such button in the retopo room. It's available only in UV room.

To send retopo mesh to UV room for whatever reason, you need to bake it first (simple bake to ppp is enough). Or you can export retopo groups to file and import it either to paint room or directly to UV room via the New Scene window.

UVs in the retopo room are applied immediately.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

Thank you for response! Anyway that is so handely to have this button in retopo room. Maybe i want to create UV before a displasement map or another.

The main purpose of this button is to re-apply existing textures (that you already have on your model) to new UVs. It can be used in situations where you already have painted the textures, but at one point realize that something is wrong with UVs. You can then take the object to UV room, edit its UVs and when you press the Apply UV-set button, the textures will be re-baked into new UVs.

This is why you have the button only in the UV room. In the retopo room you never have any textures, hence this button's presence is unnecessary.

In the retopo room you have every single tool from the UV room at your disposal so creating UVs before displacement or other map baking is quite possible and highly encouraged. ;)

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

UVs in retopo room are applied immediately after you edit them in any way (mark a seam, unwrap, scale islands, etc.). To move the mesh from retopo room to paint room you either use one of the bake commands from the Bake menu (if you don't want to bake textures - just use Bake->per pixel (no baking)), or export your retopo groups to file and import it to paint room.

If you have your object already in the paint room and you want to change UVs, then you do this in the UV room where after introducing the changes you need to hit the Apply UV-set for the changes to take effect.