3DCoat Forums

Renderdemon wips

renderdemon

• Contributor
As I allready said,this was a test,I have tried to understand better the limits.

The volume is more or less 10 millions,and it's not enough to really sharp lines,this is the reason why I have tried to do all by hand,without alpha brushes,simply stroking lines to see what kind of stuff can be done(for example,elephants skin style is doable,pores not so much,are harder because the tiny holes are not sharp enough,skin folding need also sharper depth curves)

I think that surface brushes helps a bit(but at the end you can't have more resolution),maybe with another level of subdvision(increasing again the volume resolution)the detailing can be really close to sharp line,but 40 millions for the head are a bit too much(and it will become slow).

In the future(3/5 years),this can become an interesting stuff,with computer with 64 gigabyte,faster computer,faster graphics cards handling 200/300 millions can be doable.

btw,thanks,it's 2/3 days full work(splitted in several evenings).

bye

Definitely all true, Im not sure as its a resolution problem or more a Stroke and brush problem. The brushes when working at this resolution just dont seem to work as should and the complete lack of a ZBrush similar Drag rectangle tool or proper stamp function make this detailing extremely painful. just doing it with drag strokes is never goiung to achieve the same look. Especially without multiple layers.

Great achievement so far, Bit too symetrical the result would look better and more belivable with more assymetry, But like you said this is agreat test to see how far current can be taken. continue?

- leigh

• Advanced Member

I think its a stunning work. Little to add her except some fanboyish applause. :clapping: (i dont even want to imagine how much time this took you)

I have posted a suggested worklfow in the beta thread for transfering a voxel sculpt to the mesh sculpting room.

I hope Andrew reads it, thinks its a good idea and implements it cause for now i think it could be the solution for this challenge. :)

3dioot