3DCoat Forums

Import to seperate instance

AlphaGrunt

Go to solution Solved by AlphaGrunt,

This is just getting annoying....This used to work just fine but then I downloaded the beta version and overwrote my original copay of 3dcoat but have since re downloaded 4.1

So now when I import objects the "import to separate instances" no longer works!!! It goups everything together? I've tested this on other files I've imported without issue and they are all doing the same thing!? If I "import as child" it breaks the design down into a dozen or more pieces so I know it is recognizing the different materials upon import BUT the import to separate instances creates the root>volume>file name but puts the [2x] in front of the name as if I increased the resolution???

This makes no sense..can anyone advise on how to fix this?

post-35606-0-00603300-1429903248_thumb.j

• Solution

Got it sorted... Andrew pointed out that the name was changed from version 4.1.04-4.1.17 from "merge volumes" to "import as child"....  I guess he said he might rename again to something more appropriate or change it back I don't know but regardless changing tool names over and over is never good from a user standpoint especially since this is now the 3rd name change for the same feature since V3..