3DCoat Forums

Tile-able texture techniques?

• Advanced Member

Allow me to point you in the general direction of a thread I started 5 years 9 months and 18 days ago; entitled 'Sandbox Tiling Engine'.

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2987

I guess Andrew had bigger fish to fry but I reckon this tool would rise 3DCoat heads above other applications.

If you like the idea, please support it because even after all this time we would still REALLY find this tool useful in our studio (and many studios around the world I bet)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the quick replies. BUT you missed the most important part of my question Which is "ready textured models". Example: lets say i have some texture mapped twigs, rocks and grass models, i want to put them into a tiling texture. How can i do this? Price of software doesn't matter.

• Contributor

Have you tried painter (substance)? With the premade materials you have tilable texturing.

Or even quixel suite (too buggy to use thought).

Also , in 3d coat 4.5 the pbr materials are tilable as well.

• Advanced Member

I found something!

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1288881#post1288881

I have little experience with maya and don't understand how he makes it til-able without having the stones have seamlike things where each set of stones intersects... because the stones are all placed by physics simulation wont the stones at the edges be without physics simulation?

Edited by worldcrafter

• Advanced Member

The condensed question: What is a good software for baking and arranging textured/normal mapped models.

Maya is one answer, but i don't use maya and would like to hear some alternatives.

3D coat doesn't have anything good for arranging texturemapped models.

Edited by worldcrafter

• Advanced Member

why has texture been baked beyond my plane low poly target model? HELP!? 0o

~