3DCoat Forums
L'Ancien Regime

[Adult] Female nude in voxels

As in he has created a normal map from an iris photo and used that or modelled from scratch?

EDIT: that was a question in regard to the eye pictures you'd posted on page 1, just saw the rest, nice work

That's a good question even though now that I think about it I have to say, I don't know. it's very subtle and very beautiful and how he pulled that off is a mystery to  me...

This is really superb rigging in Houdini, Inverse Kinematics, and the parameters set up in a node for the entire rig...beautiful work. I dream of being able to do this...lots of hard work ahead.

• Like 1

sUhVQ4C.jpg

I got rolling on the texturing  the anatomy project and it brought me back to this young woman that needed to be finished. Had some important help on 3d coat from digman toe straighten me out.

Now I get the importance of layers in the Paint Room...

11XmXJ0.jpg

rFx3Wo7.jpg

rmOvmtf.jpg
Edited by L'Ancien Regime
  • Like 2

Second image is AMAZING m your painting is just great .

First one love the SSS you managed to get and third love the SSS again on the back image.

I have SSS materials as well have you seen them??

Second image is AMAZING m your painting is just great .

First one love the SSS you managed to get and third love the SSS again on the back image.

I have SSS materials as well have you seen them??

Can you refer them to me? I'm totally immersed in them right now and I'm in a mood to discuss all aspects of them with you and others here. It's an amazing technology..really the programmers that worked this one out went far and above the call of duty.

We tend to take things for granted but it just dawned on me what a great program 3D Coat is for UV mapping. I remember even 7  or 8 years ago trying to learn UV mapping in Maya and just getting physically ill at trying to untangle all the vertices and edges on the UV map...horrible. 

I wonder if I'd even have stuck around in this medium if it weren't for 3D Coat's excellent UV mapping capabilities. 

This is really hit or miss. I'm not pulling consistent results. This isn't really working the way it should. New approach is required particularly in getting material for the normal map.  PPP painting on the extracted retopo mesh can only go so far. Painting color and depth simultaneously, while tempting isn't the road to realism.

Digman sent me this;

http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=16

I have to say, particularly when it comes to SSS Cycles is really reallyl good.

Image.jpg

Live clay textures in surface mode next up.

So there's been this rather ill informed and therefore confused debate going on in my mind over the correct approach to texturing skin; per pixel or vertex painting. I'm coming round to the idea that vertex painting and surface texturing independent of photography is the way to go with some touch ups and layers added on as per pixel in the paint room before exporting your maps

Lcz0FCb.jpg

Vertex painting and surface texturing in the sculpt room

wztAzjp.jpg

Baked out vertex textures in the paint room with some gloss added

Rendered with SSS

4VXsQwA.jpg

Scale is important but so is the inner luminance, that makes it all merge together with deep fatty tissues bouncing deep light back out

Those freckle artifacts seem to be from the crappy mesh... :D  :p:

• Like 2

Darn it, You got me off and running on checking out SSS again...  :D  

I like how in your WIPs you carried on a conversation about your efforts which leads to some good discussion and learning...

It might be a good idea to introduce some medium details first before pushing super details, like skin pores. Some gentle wrinkles here and there would make the computer girl more convincing, me thinks. :)

I sincerely hope learning this kind of stuff is easier for you  than it has been for me. I just watched a big tutorial where this guy says that  Zbrush Fibermesh isn't as good as Blender for styling hair

ZlSQj54.jpg

Before you do hair in Houdini you pretty much have to first learn Groups

If only Hair Farm wasn't just for 3ds Max..that would heaven to work with.

mcYUFEX.jpg

kekFkjR.jpg

The problem then arises in that to get the right amount of SSS for her skin I have to scale the model at .02 but then applying the strands of hair becomes very difficult as it is set up to be applied to a model at 1 x scale .

:dash2:

And getting normal map textures to show up is a lot easier when the shader isn't  SSS. 

Have you tried Fabio hair system for Houdini?

Edited by ajz3d