3DCoat Forums

ape2point0 WIPs

ape2point0

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM

Hi all,

Im new to 3d coat, and been playing around with the alpha.

I really like the voxel sculpting, and hope to see many updates and improvements.

Im posting a couple images, 1 is just a head sculpted from a sphere using voxels, the other is an image of the same sculpted head using the red wax shader, ...it seems that anytime I use a shader with cavity shading (red wax, bronze, shiny old skull) associated with it I get shader warping across my surface (see second image). Anyone have any idea why this happens, ...or more importantly, ...how to make it not happen?

3dcoatHead.jpg

shader%20warping.jpg

Any way, I love this program, and would like to see some additional features

WISH LIST>

1. up res down res voxel sculpting ( like z brush sub divisions levels on polygons)

2. Masking or freeze like ZB or MB (preferably ZB)

3.layers for voxel sculpting

I LOVE THIS PROGRAM

...it seems that anytime I use a shader with cavity shading (red wax, bronze, shiny old skull) associated with it I get shader warping across my surface (see second image). Anyone have any idea why this happens, ...or more importantly, ...how to make it not happen?

Any way, I love this program, and would like to see some additional features

Hi.

Very nice works you made. I like 3DC very much too.

Your Problem: I have the same problems since the shadows are integrated. I'am using a GeForce8800GTS 512.

I switch the shadows off, then adding the shader to the objekt again, everything is ok. But it is never possible to use the cavity together with shadows.

Be creative

Chris

Very nice sculpting!

What video card do you use? (I mean warping in wax shader)

About request - inc res is there, dec res is slightly problematic but I think over it.

I have a g force 7900 gtx 512

Ill try taros' suggestion, ...

thanks for considering these requests, ...

I am Always looking forward to new alpha updates, and really excited about this program , TONS of potential.

Hi.

Very nice works you made. I like 3DC very much too.

Your Problem: I have the same problems since the shadows are integrated. I'am using a GeForce8800GTS 512.

I switch the shadows off, then adding the shader to the objekt again, everything is ok. But it is never possible to use the cavity together with shadows.

Be creative

Chris

I tried turning off shadows on the cavity shader, I still get shader warping.