3DCoat Forums

Getting 3DC environment lighting into Unity

arumiat

• Advanced Member

I'd like to import 3DCs default environment lighting into Unity 5 to start to try and get a more consistent workflow down. But I can't find any exr or HDRI files in 3Dcoats folder structure. Anyone know where I can get a hold of this? My plan is to then import into Unity, set as exr and see how I get on. Interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

Thanks,

• Advanced Member

Here's the location of envmaps that come with 3D-Coat V4.5: C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V4.5\Panoramas

Oddly that folder is completely empty for me. Something I've wondered about is that throughout the 4.5 beta I've never gotten the nice new environment lighting/ background, - been stuck with the 4.1 blue background all the way through. When I load up 3DC the environment is there but as soon as I open a file or import a model, it reverts to the old lighting setup..

• Advanced Member

Oddly that folder is completely empty for me. Something I've wondered about is that throughout the 4.5 beta I've never gotten the nice new environment lighting/ background, - been stuck with the 4.1 blue background all the way through. When I load up 3DC the environment is there but as soon as I open a file or import a model, it reverts to the old lighting setup..

My folder is empty too but the environmental maps work for me.

did you hit the numberpad 5 key?

• Advanced Member

My folder is empty too but the environmental maps work for me.

did you hit the numberpad 5 key?

Thanks L'Ancien, I tried this with both the num lock on and off, but it only centred my view with the numberpad on to active object. Is it suppose to toggle environment?

C:\Users\user\Documents\3D-CoatV45\Panoramas

Thanks Carlosan but it's empty.

If anyone would be able to PM me a copy of theirs to place in that folder would be appreciated.

• Advanced Member

I've just noticed that the environment map is in fact visible as a background to the scene in perspective view mode. If I switch to orthographic it defaults to the old blue background. Is this standard behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...