3DCoat Forums

Resetting everything back to default

3DNut

Go to solution Solved by ajz3d,

I followed a few tutorials that goaded me into really experimenting with customizing my workspace, however I don't see an option to restore everything back to factory default. When I attempt to restore my workspace, I am asked for a file but the problem is I didn't save one before I started moving things around. How do I get everything back to default without a file that I didn't save? Do I really have to move everything back manually or reinstall?

Thanks for your help,

Bryson

• Contributor
  • Solution

To restore workspaces (room layouts), use Windows->Reset this page to default or Windows->Reset all pages to default.

If on the other hand you want to reset everything back to their defaults and you're on Windows, type %USERPROFILE%\Documents\3D-CoatV45 (for V4.1.x it's 3D-CoatV4) in Windows Explorer's address bar. This will get you to 3D-Coat user preferences directory. Backup the contents of this folder (just in case) and remove everything but the License.dat file (which holds your license). Start 3D-Coat - it will recreate the default user preferences.

Wow! "Reset This Page to Default" and "Reset all Pages to Default" are right there in the Windows menu, plain as can be. No wonder why, when I researched this particular issue I couldn't find the question asked before....because if one can read, then the question need not even be asked :) I appreciate your answer. It has everything I needed to know and more.

Edited by 3DNut

• 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Sorry to necro an old thread but i want to point out that after experimenting with the UI reset this page and reset all pages to default is not working since panels are missing like the smart materials, brush etc.

What i did was trying to extend my 3d coat window to my second monitor(Yes serious artists usually use 2 monitors)and then i try undocking the various panels that got extended horizontally and then i tried reset to bring back original position and it is not working at all.

I tried re opening all the various panels but they are not dock anymore and trying to dock them like they were at default doesn't work.

EDIT: For some strange reasons closing and opening 3d coat 3 time fix it!

Edited by polynut
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to Resetting everything back to default