3DCoat Forums

3d coat courses on udemy?

cj31387

First of all I used to 3d model but dont as much anymore as I got into programming instead, but 3d coat interests me, it looks easier to use then zbrush and its cheaper, I'm just waiting until Christmas until it goes on sale because I've read it goes on sale usually on Christmas. But I need to learn it in the meanwhile using the trial.

So far I've though the scattered tutorials are not quite what I've wanted to use to learn 3d coat in and out. I'd rather have a course going through the whole program.

Udemy is having a 10$ sale on every course and there are 2 courses on 3d coat on there and was wondering if anyone knows if they are any good, or worth 10$ here are the 2.

https://www.udemy.com/introduction-to-3d-coat/?dtcode=3lNwtTD32giT

https://www.udemy.com/simple-game-ready-asset-creation-in-3d-coat/

Any thoughts or anyone know of better courses?

Thanks CJ.

Edited by cj31387

I used Robert's course "Introduction to 3D Coat" - the first course you reference there. I thought it was very good and gave me a clear understanding of the basics. Definitely worth the money.

Cheers.

Thanks for answering. Does that course go though scupting something or retopologizing something (does something by example). Or does it just explain each part of 3d coat only verbally?

Thanks for answering. Does that course go though scupting something or retopologizing something (does something by example). Or does it just explain each part of 3d coat only verbally?

It's more of a general overview of how 3d Coat works and how all the different 'rooms' fit together. There are examples shown in the videos but they're not 'start to finish' projects - if that makes sense. I went from being unsure of how to use 3d Coat to having a clear understanding of its functionality. I was having problems following the youtube tutorials and I needed a structured learning course. This did the job. The youtube stuff now makes a lot more sense to me.

Hope this helps.