3DCoat Forums

Smart Material flow rate problem when using Wacom tablet

3DNut

Go to solution Solved by 3DNut,

I am trying to paint on my model using a gold smart material with my Wacom tablet and I find that with a normal even pressure I have to go over the same stroke about a half a dozen times before the gold starts to fill in. I have the Opacity set to 100%. The mouse works as expected but not the stylus/tablet. I assume this is a pressure sensitivity issue but when I turned the Tip Feel all the way to soft in the Wacom Tablet Properties that didn't really help. I shouldn't have to bear down hard on the stylus tip just to get a good flow rate. Shouldn't there be some settings somewhere to control this?  Does anyone know what might be the problem here and what a good solution is besides sacrificing pen tips and tablet surfaces?

Here is a video showing the problem:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6647893/Forum_Help/3DC_StylusFlowProblem.wmv

• Contributor

Greetings , 

had a similar issue.

Solution was to turn off the tablet service of windows. (Tablet Pc Input Service)

After that everything went to normal and behaved as expected.

:) I wonder what that actual limit is? In any case, it seems to solve the issue that I was having and prevents me from having to fiddle with stopping and starting Wacom services, so that is nice. Give it a try the next time you have that problem.