3DCoat Forums

imported objects off center all the sudden?

Go to solution Solved by Aleksey,

ive been brining in meshes created in modo into 3dcoat. i started placing my shapes and 3d coat asked if it should keep the size for future imports (it asked something like that) i said yes. everything ive been brining in since yesterday was working perfectly. 

i created a demo scene to show someone at work (the badassness of 3dcoat) 

i then returned to my scene and when i use the import tool , everything is not where it should be. i've clicked the reset axis buttons...everything is pushed back in Z compared to where it is in modo. 

THIS SUCKS!!! all my objects have to be perfect, i'm createing a lot of subtraction meshes in modo and now everything wont line u panymore. this has happened before. its ...i'm so screwed unless there is a fix for this . ARGH!!! wth?

anyone know what i can do to fix this?

cheers

Hi!

Unfortunately this has been happening to me too for some time, I have no idea why though. No one I knew was having the same issue though. So now it's you and I in the same boat. Yay for us!  :bad:

I'll forward your thread here to Andrew. Hopefully he can narrow it down and fix it.

• Contributor

Same issue here but it seems kinda random.

Workaround is to try and get it again and again imported , some times changing the pivot fix it as well.

ive been using 3dcoat for a few years now. i LOVE 3d coat but...it simply MUST get the dimensions fixed. i'm so tired of having something built to exact scale in modo and to have it change in 3dcoat breaks all my work. PLEASE get this fixed. ive been having this issue forever. other 3dcoat users i know in the industry all have the same issue. please get this fixed. 3dcoat is SO powerful, the dimension problem is a HUGE showstopper.  

i can import stuff into zbrush all day long, it never once comes in the incorrect dimension. please fix!

Hey guys, could you tell me what steps you took to get these results? ie., did you start in 3DC (sculpt then retopo, bake to paint room), or did you model it in Modo and then import to 3DC for painting or sculpting, etc.? We're having a hard time nailing this one down, so any more information would be really appreciated.

• 7 years later...
  • Advanced Member
  • Solution
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Aleksey was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

dunno if this will help anyone, but recently i found this was part of the problem: 

dunno how or why or what happened, but it was making all my things appear off center

QB8cWUb.png

• Thanks 1