3DCoat Forums

Sketchfab - publish and find 3D content

Carlosan

Not only 3DC, but now 3DC forum have full support for Sketchfab !

post-10142-0-83431000-1434673580_thumb.j

Robot Steampunk 3D-Coat 4.5 PBR by 3D-Coat on Sketchfab

Sketchfab is the leading platform to publish and find the best 3D content, anywhere online. Millions of people make 3D models or scan the real world in 3D, why would they share this in 2D? What YouTube did for video makers, or SoundCloud for musicians, we want to do for creators of 3D content.

• 4 weeks later...
Publish your 3D-Coat PBR projects to Sketchfab with one click

751822d6ebed88b34eea490736a524f8a9e6bcde

Now that 3D-Coat has added full PBR support, we worked closely with them to make exporting your projects to Sketchfab as easy as possible.

Their latest version contains a Sketchfab exporter that publishes your project to Sketchfab, sets up all required PBR materials and then enables the PBR renderer. It’s literally one click!

To celebrate this new integration, we’re giving all 3D-Coat users a free 90-day Sketchfab PRO license! Just download 3D-Coat (they have a free 30-day trial), upload a model with their new exporter and the 90 days will be added to your Sketchfab account.

edb07a93c84f8574412808be8774d157fb3f3032

Andrew Shpagin, Lead Programmer and Director of 3D-Coat, says:

3D-Coat 4.5.04 is completely compatible with Sketchfab PBR system! Metalness, and roughness painted in 3D-Coat with smart materials will be correctly shown in Sketchfab. It is the best way to expose or share your textured model.

Material ball in 3D-Coat by 3D-Coat on Sketchfab

How did we do this?

Under the hood, here’s how it works: the 3D-Coat Sketchfab exporter creates an archive that contains an OBJ/MTL file and the required textures. The texture filenames follow a syntax that defines the name of the associated material and the mapping type:

export3dcoat_MATERIALNAME_MAPTYPE.tga

We use this information to plug the textures maps into the right channels, switch on our PBR rendering mode and even select the correct PBR workflow.

3D-Coat is the first application to get this level of PBR support. The team is very excited to work together with them and to see the stream of beautiful models coming in from their community.

Enjoy!

- Bart

tumblr_inline_navmidzYA61rh8rjh.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today, we’re excited to announce our Animation Preview which lets you add a new dimension to your models: motion! We know this is one of the most requested features from our community, and we so we’re thrilled to bring it to you.

We are currently inviting beta testers to upload their animated models with bones or solids in FBX format. Read on to learn how join them in the beta program.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ready to move it, move it? 3D Animation now available for everyone!
We’re proud to announce that all Sketchfab users can now publish their animations in interactive 3D, anywhere.

Mech Animation by Artem Shupa-Dubrova on Sketchfab

• Advanced Member

Thanks!  So how are you guys approaching animation?  I'm a die-hard Softimage user & use Redshift for rendering.  How do you maintain the connection to 3DC's PBR materials once you've created an animation & exported it as an FBX?

A lot of my bread & butter clients would really be in to this tech, I think.

-Paul

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks!  So how are you guys approaching animation?  I'm a die-hard Softimage user & use Redshift for rendering.  How do you maintain the connection to 3DC's PBR materials once you've created an animation & exported it as an FBX?

A lot of my bread & butter clients would really be in to this tech, I think.

-Paul

I could be misunderstanding your question but I will reply anyway...

We need some kind of converter of 3DC PBR materials for rendering in Redshift, Vray, Arnold etc... Substance Painter and Designer have a converter. I do not know if it is even possible in 3DC to do so. I have both SP and SD so I could port my 3DC PBR materials and then convert them there.

Or if you are talking about Sketchfad, they support PRB materials now...

Edited by digman