3DCoat Forums

Default Keyboard Hotkeys/Shotcuts. Have they changed with the 4.5 update?

sculptactive

Go to solution Solved by polyxo,

• Advanced Member

I mentioned this in another thread, but did not want to highjack it. 

Attached is an image of the tools for Scale/Move/Rotating a Material in the paint room.

In version 4.0 the shortcuts where...  "Ctr/RMB - Rotate, Ctr/Shift/RMB - Stretch, Shift/RMB - Scale" but they no longer work.

Can I assign new key to these icon? or are do they now have different default keys?

This really is bad for my workflow if there are now no hotkeys for these tools.

Is there a new list of the 4.5 hotkeys, I might have to go back to V4.0 if I cannot find a solution to this...

post-435-0-17672600-1435129235_thumb.jpg

Edited by sculptactive

• Advanced Member

Wow, cannot believe such an important/essential default hotkey has been removed. 

How are people meant to change the material on the fly using those icons, so painful.

I have looked at the Customize Navigation, but cannot find any reference to those icons (not sure what they are even called as I have always used the shortcuts)

I created a new event (see attachment) using q-RMB, but it still moves everything not just the material. Then again I might be doing it wrong.

post-435-0-49541300-1435155846_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

You will not find these controls in Camera navigation. The default hotkeys were removed as one considered the Gizmo

a good replacement. But luckily a setting in preferences was added which gives you back the old behavior (see screenshot).

post-575-0-80586900-1435158269_thumb.jpg

Edited by polyxo

• Advanced Member

You will not find these controls in Camera navigation. The default hotkeys were removed as one considered the Gizmo

a good replacement. But luckily a setting in preferences was added which gives you back the old behavior (see screenshot).

Hey thanks so much for that. Now it is back how it was.

However I needed my shortcuts back as I did not know about the Gizmo.

I will have a play around with it and see what works best for me. Another problem solved.