3DCoat Forums

tree321 WIP-s

tree321

• Contributor

That's a cool video Andrew,this will be a nice feature in 3DC :brush: .Thanks for sharing.

Thank you geo_n and others.I did traditional sculptures for almost 20 years ,which I cast in bronze.I think I like digital sculpting better.At least it's cheaper. :)

• Advanced Member
That's a cool video Andrew,this will be a nice feature in 3DC :brush: .Thanks for sharing.

Thank you geo_n and others.I did traditional sculptures for almost 20 years ,which I cast in bronze.I think I like digital sculpting better.At least it's cheaper. :)

Which tools in voxel are you finding very useful? fill, clay, airbrush?

I'm not that advance in 3d sculpting to know the difference yet. :lol:

• Contributor
I can't open any of the avi's on my computer. Windows media player (I'm under Vista 32) doesn't recognise the file. Does someone has an idea?

Eric, the vids are using h264 codec which can be installed with ffdshow http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow. If not try VLC player http://www.videolan.org/[/url]

• Contributor
Which tools in voxel are you finding very useful? fill, clay, airbrush?

I'm not that advance in 3d sculpting to know the difference yet. :lol:

geo_n ,I find myself using spray\thaw a lot as well as extrude, but I will use the other brushes for specific tasks ,such as fill or pinch.You really just need to play around with them a lot to find what works best for what.When I get the time I will do some tutorials.

• Advanced Member
geo_n ,I find myself using spray\thaw a lot as well as extrude, but I will use the other brushes for specific tasks ,such as fill or pinch.You really just need to play around with them a lot to find what works best for what.When I get the time I will do some tutorials.

Looking forward to those tutorials. 20 years real sculpting experience is a great resource. I'm playing with the tools. :)

The part where I'm having difficulty is getting sharp edges or pointy parts in 3d sculpting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Playing around with transpose tool and ring selection.It's a good way to make goblets,candlesticks,fountains...

Link to basic tutorial: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16956112T239YQP6

By the way if you use the 2d grid it's easier to make selections.(view-show 2d grid)

Make sure you use orthographic view when making selection.

For those who can't get Veoh: A more complete demo.

post-913-1229664099_thumb.jpg

post-913-1229664111_thumb.jpg

fountain_demo.rar

• Contributor
Wow nice! Love your art.

But it is pity, I can't watch video from veoh in Ukraine...

So question - have you made all this using axial symmetry with big number of repeats?

Ok, sorry you can't see video on Veoh, where should I post it?How about youtube? It really just shows me using transpose select by ring and scaling.

Yes I did use axial symmetry to create the splash effect and to add some of the spherical details.

Here is an image of the scene tree to clone some of the pieces.It's sloppy with no naming because this was all very experimental.Love the new features in latest alphas.

post-913-1229680066_thumb.jpg

• Contributor
Tomorrow I will make presentation in Moscow again, so showing this feature will be handy.

Well then why don't you give me a couple of hours and I will make a better demo.This one is quite sloppy.I will send it to you anyway,but will make new one.

Attachment for those who can't see vid. on Veoh.

fountain.rar

• Advanced Member
Still working on details for this piece.Just posting today's work.

All 3D-Coat,no external merging.

Wow! You are always bring us amazing work.

The scene you brought to us this time made me remembered my childhood.

That is the 3 tallest plant in the scene, I don't know it's name, but I almost grow up with them. The farm we live has many pond, every year we could see such plant. Sometimes we take it as a toy, and sometimes it could be ate.

But now the environment is really changed, haven't seen this plant for several years.

Glad to see it in CG world. Thanks tree321. Is this plant also lives in American? I assume so.

• Contributor

Thank you lc8b105 and Andrew for your appreciation of my work.As you can see I really like 3d coat.Multiple shaders for sub objects is exciting news. I'm looking forward to trying them out.Also more shaders would be nice.

lc8b105, the plants your referring to in the scene are known as cattails around here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattail When I was a child I use to go to ponds and creeks to catch turtles ,frogs and snakes.I really miss those days :( I've always loved wildlife,and my art is a reflection of how nature (creation) inspires me.My hope is that we preserve enough of these natural wonders to inspire future generations of young artist as well.

Thanks again guys! :)

• Advanced Member

Very cool sculpts tree321! I like the ability to work in scenes of multiple objects.

This made me think that it would be nice to be able to save a low poly proxy of each object and have a button to switch between low poly proxy and high poly object. The low poly proxy would not be editable but it would free up memory to work on other object(s). Also, being able to set a transparency level for objects would be nice too.

I'm also looking forward to per object shaders, I can see it bringing some more life into these sculpts.