3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tree321

tree321 WIP-s

I have made video based on your waulrus model. You can estimate:

http://www.3d-coat.com/Waulrus1.avi

Good quality video. I'm curious how you made this video?

The quality is so good that it couldn't be a screen recording, but the "Render" button of 3DC can only render a still image...

Can I suppose that you've developed a "render rotating video" feature?

Good quality video. I'm curious how you made this video?

The quality is so good that it couldn't be a screen recording, but the "Render" button of 3DC can only render a still image...

Can I suppose that you've developed a "render rotating video" feature?

Yes, now you can easily capture video (set of frames). You can choose - rotate or move along spline between camera shortcuts.

Awesome! Thanks Andrew, I was just wishing for this the other day. =]

This will be useful at out studio too for review meetings. I use the turntable feature in Zbrush for the same thing.

That's a cool video Andrew,this will be a nice feature in 3DC :brush: .Thanks for sharing.

Thank you geo_n and others.I did traditional sculptures for almost 20 years ,which I cast in bronze.I think I like digital sculpting better.At least it's cheaper. :)

That's a cool video Andrew,this will be a nice feature in 3DC :brush: .Thanks for sharing.

Thank you geo_n and others.I did traditional sculptures for almost 20 years ,which I cast in bronze.I think I like digital sculpting better.At least it's cheaper. :)

Which tools in voxel are you finding very useful? fill, clay, airbrush?

I'm not that advance in 3d sculpting to know the difference yet. :lol:

I think he means "render turning video" feature.

I think he means "render turning video" feature.

I meant in general. I haven't seen anyone use 3dc to make a full scene sculpt. Amazing.

I can't open any of the avi's on my computer. Windows media player (I'm under Vista 32) doesn't recognise the file. Does someone has an idea?

geo_n ,I find myself using spray\thaw a lot as well as extrude, but I will use the other brushes for specific tasks ,such as fill or pinch.You really just need to play around with them a lot to find what works best for what.When I get the time I will do some tutorials.

geo_n ,I find myself using spray\thaw a lot as well as extrude, but I will use the other brushes for specific tasks ,such as fill or pinch.You really just need to play around with them a lot to find what works best for what.When I get the time I will do some tutorials.

Looking forward to those tutorials. 20 years real sculpting experience is a great resource. I'm playing with the tools. :)

The part where I'm having difficulty is getting sharp edges or pointy parts in 3d sculpting.

Thanks, it works fine with VLC, and it's nice to see your work that way- especially the coral reef, showing details I missed on the still. Great work, definitely.

Playing around with transpose tool and ring selection.It's a good way to make goblets,candlesticks,fountains...

Link to basic tutorial: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16956112T239YQP6

By the way if you use the 2d grid it's easier to make selections.(view-show 2d grid)

Make sure you use orthographic view when making selection.

For those who can't get Veoh: A more complete demo.

post-913-1229664099_thumb.jpg

post-913-1229664111_thumb.jpg

fountain_demo.rar

Wow nice! Love your art.

But it is pity, I can't watch video from veoh in Ukraine...

So question - have you made all this using axial symmetry with big number of repeats?

Me too... but not only the video, I can't visit that site.

Wow nice! Love your art.

So question - have you made all this using axial symmetry with big number of repeats?

Ok, sorry you can't see video on Veoh, where should I post it?How about youtube? It really just shows me using transpose select by ring and scaling.

Yes I did use axial symmetry to create the splash effect and to add some of the spherical details.

Here is an image of the scene tree to clone some of the pieces.It's sloppy with no naming because this was all very experimental.Love the new features in latest alphas.

post-913-1229680066_thumb.jpg

Ok, sorry you can't see video on Veoh, where should I post it?How about youtube? It really just shows me using transpose select by ring and scaling.

Yes I did use axial symmetry to create the splash effect and to add some of the spherical details.

I can place it on our server if you will send it to me.

Tomorrow I will make presentation in Moscow again, so showing this feature will be handy.

Well then why don't you give me a couple of hours and I will make a better demo.This one is quite sloppy.I will send it to you anyway,but will make new one.

Attachment for those who can't see vid. on Veoh.

fountain.rar