3DCoat Forums

Sculpt saved to Object or Autotopo repeatedly crashes

Go to solution Solved by Javis,

I have the start of a sculpt, which is shown in the screengrab below; I've used Surface and Live Clay Tools.  When exported, you can see what happens in the other image - a screengrab from Lightwave.

When I started the sculpt and did an export, it looked fine, and thinking about it, that may have been prior to using the Live Clay Tools.

Attempting to send the sculpt to an Autopo crashes 3DC every time.  I can select the Retopo room and work on it manually, but it seems unpredictable as well as unreliable.  Have I got the workflow wrong?

I'm posting this in the urgent section because I need to move along with this landscape for a production job.  Yes, I've checked the manual but I'm not seeing specific dos and don'ts about this workflow.

I'd appreciate guidance on the workflow, if I have it wrong, or some insight as to what I can do to troubleshoot this sculpt.  It's late here in the UK, so I'm posting this now and will resume in the morning.

I'm running a six core i7 with 64Gb DDR3 RAM and a single Titan Black (latest driver), so I'm not convinced it's lack of RAM doing this.

Thanks.

Julian.

post-1301-0-28537100-1435876343_thumb.jp

post-1301-0-82208800-1435876473_thumb.jp

• Solution

Hi!

Seems like you might have some holes somewhere in the mesh. Voxelize the mesh and then run the autopo routine. That should help.

I would also duplicate the mesh before voxelizing, and keeping the original, just in case.